Spring Cleaning

Old 04-07-2010, 01:32 PM

I use the 5, 10, 15, minute rule; If I can do it in 5, 10, or 15 minutes ( i set a timer) I do it. if not it'll wait untill later. Luckily my house is pretty small under 1000 sq ft. so it doesn't take long to get it in shape, you can dust the whole thing in 10 mins... since my cats have passed on, there isn't much hair to worry about, dog stays in mostly and thak God My husband is cleaner than I am.... Now if all those little bits of fabric would stay in the sewing room...
Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 PM

I do a deep cleaning twice per year. I move everything and clean. I clean closets, under the sinks, outside windows, baseboards, etc. I hate it but if feels so good when I am done.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:59 PM

Who ever thought up spring cleaning, anyway? It was probably some poor pioneer who had dirt floors, no-glass windows, lived in a dust belt, and cooked over a smoky, ashy fire. God bless those hard workers. My mom used to spring clean, summer clean, fall clean and Christmas clean. Of course, that's when we lived a stone's throw away from a Pittsburgh steel mill so I guess she kinda had to. But that's all changed, now. I swore when I had my own house I wouldn't do any of that - and I don't! My house is fairly clean and always "rid up" - that's what Pittsburghers call putting stuff away so everything is neat. But I don't worry about stuff like the dust on baseboards behind the couch - I can't move the couch anymore by myself anyway. I don't want to talk about this anymore. Let's get back to fun stuff like sewing and embroidering and quilting and baking and computering!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Google Goddess

I am working on my spring cleaning now also. I think we actually spring clean year round.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:49 PM

I personally, usually am off to good start...and end up "slushing it". But my MIL. aged 91, insists that Spring cleaing must be done...and she planned to do her own...so this past Sat, all us kids (9 of us) got together and Spring cleaned Ma's house while she was at "the Eldest's" for Easter. She came home yesterday and, from what I hear, was just flabbergasted. Walls, ceilings, curtains, windows, floors...all aprkled and shined. I tried to get them to agree to do mine---I'd be happy to go away!!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:05 PM

When my windows were replaced the took down the drapes, replaced the windows, cleaned them and rehung the drapes.

Sharon
Old 04-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Banned

Clean what ever you like, I use to pick a week end and go through the entire house, now I have a small duplex, and hubby has to do the deep cleaning. Penny
Old 04-08-2010, 01:36 AM
Google Goddess

wow, that is great that your hubby cleans

Originally Posted by penny doty
Clean what ever you like, I use to pick a week end and go through the entire house, now I have a small duplex, and hubby has to do the deep cleaning. Penny
Old 04-08-2010, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by marta
We got new windows about 10 yrs. ago--the Pella that tilt into the house. We love them! Such a vast improvement and soooooooo much easier to clean.
A hint: I would clean after that is over with.!
Marta

Marta, I did the same thing, got new windows 3 years ago. And for the life of me, even tho I was shown how when they were installed, I can't figure out how to tilt them to clean them! :roll: :roll:
Old 04-08-2010, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by penny doty
Penny you lucky girl to have a hubby who cleans! My DH is the cause of most of my mess! :hunf: