Stars Foal Watch :)

Old 06-23-2009, 08:51 PM

Old 06-23-2009, 09:02 PM

It's sad that you are there for that reason, but happy that the person is getting what they wanted. Know what I mean?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
July 6-10, we'll be in VA to celebrate our oldest grandson's 10th b'day and, sadly, for the interment at Arlington of a dear, dear friend.

That's just about the time Star is supposed to foal, and I don't want to be distracted by the Mare Stare, because I have a FQ bet on it! I'll probably sneak some time on DS's computer to check out the Mare Stare, but I'll just lurk this time.

DDIL would have my guts for garters if she caught me on the computer :oops: :oops: She's already pissed off about how much time my son spends on the computer :x She and I are good friends. I don't need to have her think DS gets it from me : :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
WooHoo you get to see your grandson!!! Sounds like fun!!! Maybe you will have to offer to babysit and then get on the computer while there gone to mare stare 8) 8) 8)
I'm so sorry that your dear friend passed away....but I'm glad that you will be able to attend his service, it sounds like it will be a beautiful service.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Sadly, this is the 2nd time we've been there for a good friend. It WAS awesome. The first time was just like in the movies: rainy day, walked behind the horsedrawn carriage, military ceremony, 3 gun salute (I think that was the #), and, finally, the inurnment. He would have loved it. For years, he had said he wanted to be buried at Arlington. And, of course, none of us expected to be there to see it.
Joanne and Terri have you seen the Trace Adkins video "Arlington"? It is AWESOME!!! I've watched it about a hundred times and I still get goosebumps. I downloaded it from itunes. You really should check it out.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:36 PM

Oh yes, I've seen it..it's awesome!
My nephew, who is trying to make it big in the music business, did a song (rap) with Trace Atkins. Cool, huh?
Old 06-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Oh yes, I've seen it..it's awesome!
My nephew, who is trying to make it big in the music business, did a song (rap) with Trace Atkins. Cool, huh?

Wow, that is cool!

Have you seen American Soldier by Toby Keith? It is awesome too. I'm not usually a C&W fan, but these are great. I especially love the Civil War & WWI & II scenes. But then I'm a major history/genealogy buff. I have a ggr-gf who was at Appomattox.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:39 AM

well apparently Star was putting on a show last night. Russ said she was kicking and jumping up and down etc. Would really hate to see her foal this early but her vulva is very long and shes having very loose manure. Shes out right now but if we suspect she may do something we will put her back in. We are watching her out the window. Im hoping its a false alarm. But she snuck one in last year and I refuse to let her do it again

Old 06-24-2009, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

Well...I see all the rowdies are geared up for another one! I innocently just sit on the sidelines and watch ya'll... and I'm not saying who is on which side.... :wink:

Now it sounds like I may have really missed with my guess Kay....ask Star..."what the......??"
Old 06-24-2009, 05:33 AM

My computer has been playing games with me. Sometimes it just sits and stares at me and does nothing. Hate that!
Haven't been watching Star that much...been in my sewing room.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

Girls, I guess we'd better meet tonight then!
Same place, same time!

And Patti, we all know which side you were on!! LOL