Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stay warm and safe

ro
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Stay warm and safe

With the impending storm hitting the east coast I guess by now most of us have all the groceries in that we need. the gas tanks on the cars are full.we brought x-tra wood for the fireplace closer to the house. snow plow is on the truck. and we have our quilting projects all lined up in a row. what more can you ask for? just hope everyone is safe. sure hope there isn't a lot of flooding as we had in the past.

Blog Entries
    What more can you ask for? Electricity.

Blog Entries
    Please stay safe.

Chicago area ComEd sent 700 workers east this morning. Just heard on the news they were headed to PA. Guess they'll be assigned from there.

Take care -- hope your electricity and phone don't go out. It sounds miserable where you are.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    Hope you stay safe. We got 6.5 inches, they predicted 1-3. Have heat, electricity and two DGC from FL.

Quote Originally Posted by giquilt View Post
    Hope you stay safe. We got 6.5 inches, they predicted 1-3. Have heat, electricity and two DGC from FL.
    How are the GC liking the snow?

Sending warm wishes from Down Under. Please take care and stay safe.

We got 4-5 inches last weekend, never lost power. Temps were single digit and warning up this weekend to 40s.
    That is enough of winter for us. I don't like hot and humid, just done with the cold.
    I hope everyone will obey the warnings and be safe.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
    Chicago area ComEd sent 700 workers east this morning. Just heard on the news they were headed to PA. Guess they'll be assigned from there.
    Actually AEP in VA and WV brought in another 800 of their own from TX, so it looks like all states are taking this thing very seriously.

After 8 hours of snow in central VA, we had more than 6+" on the ground when dark came. And then the sleet started. I dread even looking out the window tomorrow as they are predicting another 6++ inches over night.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

I'm getting ready to venture outside for the first time. It started snowing yesterday afternoon around 2 pm and has never stopped. I'm south of Pittsburgh, PA., and I think we have at least 8 inches to shovel. We'll see when I get out there. The snow's light and fluffy, so no downed power lines. There's actually no snow at all on the lines since it's windy. Stay warm and safe, all.

We are in Georgia in the metro Atlanta area and have about a half inch of snow in the ground and no power right now. Not supposed to be a long outage so here's hoping.
    Alyce

Started lightly snowing here about 8PM last night. Hard to tell with all the blowing but guessing about 10" or so on the ground at this point. Can't really tell as I'm happily upstairs at my computer and have not ventured out yet. That will happen soon enough. Obviously still have power. No machine projects going, only hand ones currently so even if the power goes out and I only have bits & pieces of appliances with the generator, I'm good to go!

ro
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    we have at least a foot of snow but the winds are 35 mph water already 3 feet. worst to come tonite.

Here in western NY where we had 6 feet of snow, in three days, in November 2014. We have deep sympathy for the folks going through this storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Actually AEP in VA and WV brought in another 800 of their own from TX, so it looks like all states are taking this thing very seriously.
    Remember us when we have a hurricane and send help! After Ike I saw pics on the news of an electric company truck going down I-10 and people driving by cheering and giving them the thumbs up
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

With all of this snow, do you need a laugh???
    I live on the west coast of Michigan. "Lake Effect" snow can sometimes be a daily occurrence. My DH works out of town all week, so who has learned to operate the John Deere??? Our driveway is 750 feet long.
    I got a 3 minute lesson a few weeks ago and have been on that tractor almost daily (it was fun the FIRST day). However we have received 6-8 inches almost daily---I do love the snow but----.
    Picture this:
    My DH is 6 ft 5inches. I have been wearing his carharts---the bibs come up to my collarbones, the crotch lands halfway to my knees and I have to roll up the bottoms about 8 inches so they don't drag in the snow. Mind you I have the directions on how to start the tractor and blower stuffed down the top of the carharts in the chest area (in case I get stuck or the tractor quits on me), but I can't read them without my glasses so the glasses sit on the top of my head. I also wear his snowblowing jacket because I don't want my nice coats to smell like the tractor... And away I go!
    The neighbor says that we need another warning from the weatherman:
    1. Tornado warning
    2. Winter weather warning
    3. Marcia's on the John Deere warning

Thank goodness that the cab in enclosed because all of that snow in my face would not work!!!
    LOL!!!
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    What more can you ask for? Electricity.
    I agree. It is the pits to try to stay warm and safe without Electricity.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

we have close to 15 inches here on the jersey shore. The winds died down for a little while this morning and dh and I shoveled the front walkway and the car. We just found out the the Bishop of the Trenton Dioceses has given a break from mass tomorrow morning. We also found out that the bus trip that we were supposed to go on tomorrow is cancelled. I am sorry for that since we were going to see the broadway show Something Rotten. It is going to be rescheduled for some time in the future.

We are up to 18 inches just outside of DC.

We missed the snow by about 50 miles the way the crow flies. Started just east of me. Please be safe out there and warm.

Sailsablazin I can just see you..lolo You be careful. ;o) Even tho WE don't have snow, (62 tomorrow!! in the middle of winter), I do feel for those that are battling the snow. I keep praying we get a bunch, I just love snow, (sorry). OKC just sent 6 or 8 trucks from OG&E (our electric) to the East to help with power outages. They left early yesterday morning. Any and all that live where there's so much, please be safe & warm.

Blog Entries
    I've been very nervous watching the weather! My DD just moved to Pa. in Sept. She's about 30 miles away from Philadelphia! So far, she has been fairly lucky to keep power and stay safe. It's Mom that has really been edgy!! My job! lol

We have been hearing and seeing reports on the news here in Australia about the snow storms that are battering parts of the US.

Stay safe, stay inside and stay warm.

Blog Entries
    Keep safe and warm. Get those quilts out to sew and snuggle in.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast