Stephen King

Old 11-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

"IT" is funny how many people don't like clowns to begin with, and this book just reinforced that LOL That is why we are going to have a "clown" room in next year's haunted house :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 11-22-2009, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
are his books hard to understand? i get "lost" sometimes reading James Patterson the first couple chapters.
It depends, do you have to have a linear story? If you do then you'll get lost. SK tends to jump from one character to another and sometimes from one time period to another.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

Bev, he has books that are soley short stories that you may enjoy :wink: :D
Old 11-23-2009, 10:11 AM

I use to read Stephen King, also. Some of my favorites were The Stand, Fire Starter, Pet Sematary, Misery and IT. I use to work at an elementary school. The computer lab teacher gave me IT to read. A few days later, when I got to work, there was a paper on my desk, face down. I turned it over and it was a computerized clown, holding balloons with the words "Want a Balloon Little Girl". I hollered and had chill bumps.

"Needful Things" was my favorite of all. There was a little shop in Tomball, Texas called Needful Things and I would not go anywhere near it. I don't know what was in it, but it finally closed down.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:35 PM

Not sure if most of you know but Stephen King lives in Bangor, ME., about 60 miles north of me, and many of his books are based on actual sites around Bangor. The water tower is seen from many parts of the city, etc. I've been by his home several times and it's quite modest by the standards of some author's and he enjoys "small town" living. That's not to say I wouldn't LOVE to live in his house but I expected a mansion. He's just a regular nice guy.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Roberta
Not sure if most of you know but Stephen King lives in Bangor, ME., about 60 miles north of me, and many of his books are based on actual sites around Bangor. The water tower is seen from many parts of the city, etc. I've been by his home several times and it's quite modest by the standards of some author's and he enjoys "small town" living. That's not to say I wouldn't LOVE to live in his house but I expected a mansion. He's just a regular nice guy.
A regular nice guy with a VERY vivid imagination :lol: :lol:

Old 11-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Power Poster

Very politely put SewJoyce....I was thinking vividly demented imagination LMBO
Old 11-25-2009, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Very politely put SewJoyce....I was thinking vividly demented imagination LMBO

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And I finished reading, "Under the Dome" last night! Wow, it was great. Hated to see it end..... :D

Old 11-25-2009, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I love his books....he's had me hooked since "The Shining" :wink: LOL
I have been in that lodge many times...and after reading the book it was even more fun going there LMBO
I will have to reserve a copy of that book!!! :wink:
He's had me hooked since "Salem's Lot", not that I'm showing my age or anything :)
Old 11-25-2009, 08:01 AM

omg! I'm a SK & DK fan too! With everything I have going on, I don't get to read or watch much tv. Thank the gods for audiobooks! I can't wait to get it!

I had a dream the other night that felt just like a movie & I played many of the characters lol I often wondered if his books were products of his dreams... Man, I'd be afraid to fall asleep if I were him!