Stephen King

Old 11-25-2009, 09:37 AM

SK and DK! Wow my 2 favorites! My favorite of all is "The Stand." Powerful. I read somewhere that King wrote that writing about his actual fears was cheaper than a therapist.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jljack
My personal Stephen King favorite is "The Stand". The character development and intricacies of the story make it so very believable. I have seen the movie about 4 times, and it goes 3 hours!! His very best by far.....but then again, Stand By Me was also great!! Wonderful story!
I too claim "The Stand" as my all time favorite SK book. For the very reasons you say as well. I have read it 4 different times. One time I got the flu while reading it! Talk about having the crap scared out of you!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:41 AM

He's written some wonderful stories that aren't based on horror such as the Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me, one of my favorites. He writes under the name Bachman I believe as well. His wife Tabitha is a wonderful author as well minus the "vivid" imagination but then, who has Stephen King's imagination anyway :lol:
Old 11-25-2009, 12:02 PM

I 4got about the Shawskank Redemption, that was a great book! I got so excited I went and bought the SK's new one on audio & I bought DK's latest on audio... the only problem is I bought them 4 my sister as an xmas present (her favorite authors too)... I'll have to borrow them from her some day lolol
Old 11-25-2009, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
I 4got about the Shawskank Redemption, that was a great book! I got so excited I went and bought the SK's new one on audio & I bought DK's latest on audio... the only problem is I bought them 4 my sister as an xmas present (her favorite authors too)... I'll have to borrow them from her some day lolol

Or you could always listen to them first :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 11-25-2009, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
Shawskank Redemption is excellent and The green mile.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:22 PM

I finished it a few nights ago and I have Breathless by Dean R. Koontz on hold at the library. I won't give away the ending though! by the time you finish reading it your wrists will be very very strong. I think you could do situps with this book.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Roberta
He's written some wonderful stories that aren't based on horror such as the Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me, one of my favorites. He writes under the name Bachman I believe as well. His wife Tabitha is a wonderful author as well minus the "vivid" imagination but then, who has Stephen King's imagination anyway :lol:
Actually, "Stand By Me" was the name of the movie based on the story titled "The Body". I think the story that became the movie "Shawshank Redemption" was "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption".
Their son, Joe Hill, is also an author. Joe Hill is his pen name. He is Joeseph Hillstrom King. :D
Yes, I'm obsessed!
Old 10-22-2010, 07:39 AM

I love both King and Koontz. My favorite? That is one tough question!!! I've liked him ever since I read Christine when I was oh, probably 16 years old. I think my favorite would have to be Misery. Or Dolores Claiborne - although I loved Desperation and The Regulators. Koontz - my favorite was definitely Watchers!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KittyGram
I love both King and Koontz. My favorite? That is one tough question!!! I've liked him ever since I read Christine when I was oh, probably 16 years old. I think my favorite would have to be Misery. Or Dolores Claiborne - although I loved Desperation and The Regulators. Koontz - my favorite was definitely Watchers!
Oh yes The Watchers is a great story. Another good Koontz book is Intensity.