Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Stopping to Smell the Flowers.......... >

Stopping to Smell the Flowers..........

Stopping to Smell the Flowers..........

Old 07-12-2011, 10:58 AM

Love you, Billy..............keeping you in my prayers!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:10 AM

There's not many people that know the meaning of stop & smelling the flowers. I had a flower pot from my Mom's funeral & the flowers had died. I had a stick sign in it that said this & NOT one person that came into my house noticed that the flowers were dead or the sign! Tooooo busy! I guess it's not until you get older or something tragic comes along to open some people's eyes. Hope all is well with you.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:51 AM

Sometimes it takes a lot to make us realize that we need to "stop and smell the roses." I'm trying to do that now and move some of the problems to be back of my mind. God will carry our burdens for us if we will just let him. May God bless you.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:54 AM

I try every night to say thank you God for all my wonderful blessings Thanks for the reminder. We tend to focus on our problems and not our blessings.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for this post!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:34 PM

Thanks Billy, that was beautiful. I do sit on my patio early in the morning and say my rosary. I say it for all who suffer and are in most need of God's mercy. I will include you in my prayers. Enjoy the beauty of His creations.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned

Well I can say this you are the most wonderful group of people that there is. Quilters are a special bunch to say the least and I know that your thoughts and prayers are giving me strength to carry on to the next day. Right now I am in the "Wondering" stage, I am not sure if it is what they think it is or something something different. But God has been nothing but good to me and my family and I know that he will never put you in a place that you can not get out of. And he is the path out everytime!

But I will know something hopefully tomorrow so maybe I can come on and say "Guess what it was a false positive"! In the meantime just take time to look at the beauty that is around you whether its the flowers or the clouds or just the birds singing away.

Thank you so much for your love!

Billy
Old 07-12-2011, 05:26 PM

Five hours ago I had a similar conversation with the young man who was giving me shock wave treatments on my left knee.
Ironically, he was the one who mentioned that people these days are in too big a hurry. He said everybody should take at least five min a day to think with no distractions --I used the word meditate.
Great to hear this from the youngers.

I try to live smelling flowers -small wish list as can't think of bucket list. I smile at strangers, say "Hello" if people make eye contact, overlook the lake, and spend time daily on the QB if I want too --that's my list.
God Bless you Billy.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:12 PM

Gosh, Billy, you sound a little concerned! You have had a rough beginning to the year with the storms and floods and snake bite, so please do sit back and spendsome quality time reflecting and enjoying. You have earned it.

Prayers for good news and a joy filled rest of the year plus....
Old 07-12-2011, 06:16 PM

Thank you so much for the reminder and prayers are coming your way that you get good news tomorrow.