Story Time, oh oh a Snake

Old 05-13-2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
Here he is all cured and hung out to dry. He smells of alcohol.
what species is this? wouldn't it be awsome if the sheds retained some color? maybe just a whisper of color to add mystery to the translucent delicacy of the shed.

oh, btw, wish i had known,too, over the years, how to cure sheds. i saved them till they desentegrated. always found them strangely fascinating.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by roguequilter View Post
what species is this? wouldn't it be awsome if the sheds retained some color? maybe just a whisper of color to add mystery to the translucent delicacy of the shed.

oh, btw, wish i had known,too, over the years, how to cure sheds. i saved them till they desentegrated. always found them strangely fascinating.
I have no idea about what species he is. I didn't see who shed it lol. I am sure I will be able to tint the shed if I want to.

BTW, my shed was attacked by some little birds, so I had to pick him in and hang him in the garage lol.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:15 PM

Yuk
I hopoe you were able to kill them. Baby rattlesnakes are very deadly.

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
I'm w/Jan in VA. Get thee away from me, snake! We were digging sweet potatoes in the garden a few yrs ago and baby snakes came crawling out of the dirt by the dozens. My heart is still pounding!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:36 PM

While living in Louisiana for seven years, I (8 mos pregnant) picked up a snoozing snake(he had settled in a pile of fall leaves left overnight), reached into an azalea bush and heard a rattle of yes a tiny rattlesnake, watched as my neighbor killed an 8 ft cottonmouth moccasin in my backyard and gasped when the movers brought a bookcase out of the attic with a coiled skeleton on the shelf. When we lived in California, every year they harvested the walnuts in the grove behind our home. They did it by bringing in a machine that grabbed the tree and "shook" it. When the nuts fell, the snakes bolted. And of course, the mice did too. As much as I understand the important role they play in nature, I'm still not a fan.