Story Time, oh oh a Snake

Old 05-11-2013, 06:14 PM

Anyway, The skin shed comes out of it's brind on Monday afternoon, then it's hang up to dry and it should then be durable. I have ideas but need to think more of how I am going to do this snake queen. When I do start, I will post it.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by roguequilter View Post
[INDENT]
usually i just wander and lurk. have several Board threads bkmarked to follow. but for the snake i needed to log in
Well, I am so glad you came out of lurk and shared so much information. I enjoyed the read.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:37 PM

Roguequilter, thank you for taking the time to educate people. I agree that we need snakes and need to respect the natural world.

Rosyhf, thanks for starting this thread. I'll look forward to seeing what you create with them.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by roguequilter View Post
i also find it interesting that new to us diseases like hanta are being discovered. i remember reading about the first hanta outbreaks and the mystery of what it was. we now have hanta in wa. and it is in other states now too. there are several deaths a year in wa from bubonic plague. also in other states, tho it will probably never be seen in massive outbreaks again as we now can treat it, if caught in time. but, w the dramatic decline in reptiles in recent decades, the return or arrival of deadly diseases carried by vecters like mosquitos & rodents - food sources for frogs, lizards & snakes..who are in sharp decline, suffering strange mutations...make me worry. what comes next. and...how do we fix it.
I have a yard full of lizards, they are everywhere and they all know me and never run away no matter how close I get lol...I like them because I think some time ago they were dragons.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:00 PM

I hear you about the usefulness of snakes with regard to vermin. Thanks for posting.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:10 AM

I wish I had a hungry snake around here. I bought a new-to-me year old Rav4 and it is parked out front on the gravel. It evidently has a sign saying Welcome, All Mice Enter Here. Somehow, they get into the interior of the car, in the glove box, all over the inside of the car, drop their calling cards all over, chewed a hole in my owner's manual padded cover and are way too smart for any good use. Any trap I put in there, they manage to get the bait and not trip the trap. I have tried four different kind of traps, a small dab of peanut butter in the middle of the largest glue board I can find and still have only gotten one of them with the last mentioned item. I put dry bait in a drink lid and they either eat it all and survive or have it stashed somewhere for posterity. They have chewed a small hole in the carpeting and have gotten used to mothball smell that kept them out for a while do not mind peppermint essential old on cotton balls, which was almost guaranteed to keep them away. I am at my wits end. Please, snakes, come and get them before I die of Hanta virus.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:07 AM
Power Poster

ewwwwww!! You are a lot more adventurous than me
Old 05-12-2013, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like this still bothers you quilt a bit. You have a soft heart and strong sensibility . Very sad when interaction with the 'wild' things of the world ends in a sad way. My heart sympathizes with you.
peace
Old 05-12-2013, 06:37 AM

I love people who make use of everything and anything. You're braver then I am though. It would take a miracle for me to even touch it. I can't wait to see pics when you post the finished item.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 AM

This happened in Arkansas ;-)