Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Strange how much life has changed >

Strange how much life has changed

Strange how much life has changed

Old 04-27-2021, 05:22 PM

Lalla, I totally agree with you. My son has made friends during this time because of the internet. My husband was able to keep working because of the internet. My husband works in the computer industry.

I have a 14 year old teen and the biggest thing we are trying to instill in him is balance: "Your phone and the internet connectivity is going to be a big part of your life. But recognize where it's merits are and it's pitfalls. If you ALSO do lots of other things like spend time with friends, exercise, enjoy hobbies (that aren't computer related), enjoy live theater, read physical books, travel, etc... then you are going to be fine."
Old 04-27-2021, 05:58 PM

I had a small flip phone from 2008 and changed to a new one (much larger) last year maybe. i hate it. Can't put in my pocket, but with muggers everywhere I can't put it into a purse because i don't carry one. I use my phone but do forget it often. so hard for me to text with the stylus, impossible without. you'd think i had giant fingers! Oh well, i hardly call anyone, hardly get any calls, so it is there if i need it. that is what they say anyway.