stressed cat

Old 07-08-2011, 01:40 PM

I just put the Rescue Remedy right on Teddi's head by her ear instead of in the water.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy
I had a friend who made one of those baby slings, wraps or whatever they are really called (smile) and carried her timid cat in that whenever she was home (her DH did so as well). The holistic vet told her it just needed to feel close and unthreatened. She gave it a lot of attention and it worked.
It lets them feel your relaxed energy. It does work on most. You could also give her someplace to run to, to feel safe, (could be a cat bed in a room never visited during working or stress "Her spot". Could be in the corner of your room, the den, garage, etc.)
Old 07-08-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by fishhavengirl
Rescue Remedy does work for pets. Have a dog that used to be deathly afraid of thunder storms. Gave her the remedy and it calms her down. She still hates the noise but tolerates it.
Love Rescue Remedy for humans and for pets(special formula for our furbabies) Been using since 1992. Wouldn't be without it!!

Here's a link for pets...http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/e...ng-rescue-pet/
Old 07-08-2011, 08:21 PM

benadryl will help to make the cat less aware of its surrondings and calmer. I have used it on my dogs and my cat in the past during moves and also when tearing apart the house., If you go to the website it will give you the dose amount, I thinnk it is 1 mg per pound.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
Do they make the plug-in pheromones for dogs, too?
they do here in UK so guess you would have them too - worked a treat for mine
Old 07-08-2011, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by knlsmith
They do make a scent thing. I saw it at pet store not too long ago. Looks like one of those air fresheners for your outlet. Don't know what its called. But only $25'ish. Thought about getting one for one of our cats.
Yes, we had one of those. The vet recommended it to us because our cat was stressed. It really helped. I think the starter kit is $40.00 and the refills are about $25.00. They last about a month. But, it really made a difference for us. It was expensive, but our cat was having accidents all over our laundry room floor. That stopped with this atomizer. It is the Feliway brand. I would recommend it.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:15 AM

I just checked valleyvet.com in case you're interested in the Feliway stuff. The starter kit is $26.75 for one, $24.95 for 2. The refills are $15.95 or 3 @ $13.95 each. I believe shipping is free too! They do carry the happy dog stuff too.
Hopefully it's okay to post this here. I have no affiliation with the company, I'm just all about saving the $$$!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by dogpursemaker
I just checked valleyvet.com in case you're interested in the Feliway stuff. The starter kit is $26.75 for one, $24.95 for 2. The refills are $15.95 or 3 @ $13.95 each. I believe shipping is free too! They do carry the happy dog stuff too.
Hopefully it's okay to post this here. I have no affiliation with the company, I'm just all about saving the $$$!
Great info! Thank you.