Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestions on Laptops

We always buy directly from the Dellsite. On blackfriday I bought us all the same laptops.
    Dell 15.6 InspironR
    Intel Core 13
    windows 7
    15.6 HD Led Screen
    4GB Memory
    500 GB Harddrive
    Video card
    webcam
    8xCD/DVD Burner
    On blackfriday they were $465.00 a piece,free shipping, now they are 549.00 .I run Firefox on all my computers and would highly recommend this Laptop.oops forgot ,full keyboard with numberpad

We recently bought a HP model# G60-530US at a staples store. It only cost $450.00. It comes with windows 7,it has plenty of hard drive and RAM, it ha a cd/dvd writer. The price was actually more like $550 maybe a little more. But they give you instant rebates of over $100. Plus they gave us an instant saving on a. HP All-In-One Wireless Printer/copy/scanner/fax. It was priced at $169.00 and they let us have it for only $49.00. There are slot of extras you get too like extended warranty. They give you a bokkllet with coupons for savings on mention stuff its too numerous to mention. You can take it back to them for a free cleaning and hardware. & software check, a software update. I think we got a really good deal. We absolutely love it too. We haven't had any trouble whatsoever with any aspect of it. I too was like yourself. I love my desktop and didn't wanna give it uo. I also wanted a full size keyboard. But I have changed my mine now!! I love my laptop so much that I have disassembled my desktop pc and all its attachments and gave it all away. I am from Indiana. I don't know if there's a staples store near you. Go in and check it out if not look them up online. I'm sure yiu ciuld order it also. But if possible seeing it with your own eyes first and trying it out will sell you on it. I did my homework before purchasing it. Comparing models & prices all over. Good Luck ! Staples might just be your Onestop Laptop Shop!!

I vote Dell too buy direct thou. Avoid buying at Best Buy at ALL cost. I have had the WORST customer expirences with them. My hubby likes to tease me as I refuse to step foot in thier stores or buy anything from them peroid it was that bad. And not just once mutiple times.

Good luck on your search.

Blog Entries
    I love my MacBook. If you have a university close to you they may have a surplus store and you can get some good deals there. They usually have one day a week that is open to the public.

Banned
    Good news.....hubby said "yes, just don't spend too much but try to get exactly what you want."

Banned
    Here are the 2 I have sort of narrowed it down to
    this is I think my first choice... http://www.officemax.com/technology/...d3210154#blank
    and this is my second choice I think... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-AS7741Z-4633/15135726

any opinions ????

I haven't read all the responses, so bear with me if someone's mentioned this before.

Buy whatever laptop you like. Then buy a wireless keyboard and mouse. You can turn off the mousepad thing on the laptop and use your regular mouse and keyboard!!!! We do it all the time when we travel, because I hate the keyboards on the laptop, too!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2