T Shirt Pattern

Old 04-07-2015, 04:27 PM

I wish I had one that fit. They always gape at the neck, droop above the chest, etc. I need to learn how to put darts in the right place. I made a cotton sloper but that is for a fitted woven pattern and won't work for a T-Shirt.

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
If you have a ready made shirt/top that you like the style/fit, copy it! Turn the shirt inside out. Take some butcher or tissue paper and make a pattern from the ready-to-wear top. Add you seam allowances to the finished size and you are on your way. If I could find the cotton pique, I have a style top I'm ready to make about 100 of!
Old 04-07-2015, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
I wish I had one that fit. They always gape at the neck, droop above the chest, etc. I need to learn how to put darts in the right place. I made a cotton sloper but that is for a fitted woven pattern and won't work for a T-Shirt.
Gapping at the neck is because your back is wider than the front. I have the same problem. I just put a little tuck in the center front neck edge of the PATTERN, and they fit fine. Just make a 1/3 to 1/2 inch tuck in the pattern, and let it sit a little bumpy looking in the center, and pin it down, and cut.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:36 AM

I have a hunched back so the neckline of the shirt sticks away from my neck.

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Gapping at the neck is because your back is wider than the front. I have the same problem. I just put a little tuck in the center front neck edge of the PATTERN, and they fit fine. Just make a 1/3 to 1/2 inch tuck in the pattern, and let it sit a little bumpy looking in the center, and pin it down, and cut.