Target commercials

Old 11-26-2011, 10:39 AM

Typically Publix have been my favorite, but I didn't think this year's thanksgiving commercial was special. The Target lady gets my attention; the one I like the most is where she is icing something and talks about not sleeping for 24 hours...I think I've been there !

Aflac is really funny; I'm tired of Flo also. Ga Lottery has terrific commercials, these two birds are hysterical.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:19 PM

I can't stand the Target blonde lady. My favorite is the Geico one with the little pig singing wee wee wee all the way home. I also love the one with the dancing baby elephant. It is for some insurance company, I think....can't remember, just loved the elephant.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:52 PM

My vote for most annoying commercial personality of the year is the Target red-suited lady. Can't stand her and she's turned me off from going to Target. They must have changed ad agencies, they used to have good commercials a few years ago. I don't mind Flo and I'm probably the only person here who gets a laugh out of the Stanley Steemer guy.
Budweiser commercials are always good but my favorite Christmas commercial is Miller Lite "I'll Be Home For Christmas". Speak of the Target lady, she just came on as I'm typing this.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:01 PM

My favorite commercial is a jerky commercial where the big foot is laying on the rocks and he ends up grabbing the man and skipping him across the water. Makes me and my husband LAUGH every single time. Can't remember what the jerky company's name is right off hand.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:26 PM

I think we had his evil sister leave in our Garmin lol we'd be driving along clear blue sky - Lost Satellite Signal - How?? Or we'd be driving down the Interstate and it would say recalculating turn right, then it would figure out it was wrong. I now understand how that elderly couple froze to death last winter, they probably turned when they shouldn't have.
Originally Posted by mummadee View Post
I love the Mayham guy from All State (I think) especially the one "recalculating, recalculating, TURN HERE!". Love to hear Denns Hayback say, "Are you in good hands?". Aflec ones are good too.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:27 PM

The one that will drive me nuts before Christmas is done is the new Walmart one - Ms. Ring Ring Me Up - I'd like to string her up myself.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
I hate the music for the one with the new Toyota Prius (some kind of bouncy song) - have to turn it off ASAP!!
I love the Prius music but DH hates it, so sometimes I let him mute it. We have a local car company who has a couple of commercials based on the dancing lights and music. They use their car lot (a huge one) and the car/truck lights go off and on to the music. I also like the little stock trading boy, and the Travelers Insurance dog who is safeguarding his bone.

Do you ever notice the large amount of ads from insurance companies???

Jill
Old 11-26-2011, 05:37 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Love the latest Progressive commercial where they say "It's as hot as a sauna in here". They actually pronounce the word correctly. Gives me a vision of folks all around the nation asking, "Did they say sowna? What's that?"
Old 11-26-2011, 06:20 PM

I like the red-suit Target lady. Her facial expressions always make me laugh.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
The little baby boy who is always checking on his stock market account. He is in his crib- solitary confinement-, with a friend flying in an airplane, or sitting before a computer. He just makes me laugh every time.
This is also one of my favorites, and I do like the one about the little piggy that went wee, wee, wee all the way home.