Technology illiterate

Old 06-18-2018, 03:16 AM

Default Technology illiterate

Certainly not a quilting question but it does impact my use of the quilting board. I have a new computer and I'm about ready to pitch it out the back door! It loses my Inbox emails without me doing anything. Does anyone know how to leave those in the Inbox? I've tried a Google search and it hasn't been a help. I'm using Outlook. The Sent box is ok but the Inbox is not.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:17 AM

I'm illiterate also. When I got this one I'm working at, I had Outlook and I couldn't get it to give me any Inbox stuff. I get all my email from Myemail.com for several years now and have had no problems. Hope this helps.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

are you speaking about email notifications to Outlook from the Quilting Board? Does it happen with other emails? What operating system are you using? Is it a PC or a laptop? What version of Outlook are you using?
Old 06-18-2018, 05:26 AM

Illinois, I wonder if the place you bought your computer from offers help? Best Buy will help me with my phone and computer. Also, I have found good answers by googling the problem as succinctly as possible. There are message boards on the net who will offer suggestions. Mention the kind of computer you have. Such as "Inbox emails disappear on my new HP 15 laptop"
Old 06-18-2018, 05:54 AM

Check the preferences settings. It may be set to delete after reading them. Are they showing in your deleted files?
Old 06-18-2018, 08:49 PM

I'm having this problem too! It seems like if the email is over a week old, it just disappears! It doesn't go into the trash file or anything. It only happens on my laptop, not the PC. So far I can't seem to find a way to change the settings--it's not dumping them when they have been read, just over time. I'd like help on this too--I routine clear out emails on a daily basis.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:48 PM

Check your advanced view settings. It could be you have a filter set to show unread emails only. And for those emails that seem to disappear after a week or two weeks check to see if these are being auto-archived.

HettyB
Old 06-19-2018, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by HettyB View Post
Check your advanced view settings. It could be you have a filter set to show unread emails only. And for those emails that seem to disappear after a week or two weeks check to see if these are being auto-archived.

HettyB

best answer. It does NOT matter what device the email is on...it is a “virtual” app...not tied to the device. (As in Phone, OC, notebook, tablets...does not matter) get familiar with the email settings. Need assistance? Google search is your friend.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:58 AM

I called Best Buy and the "geek" gave up, told me to call my provider, which I did. This was my second call to them but this particular tech knew what he was doing. He spent a lot of time with me on the phone, did one of those remote things and we are hoping it is now fixed. At least, the emails from yesterday are still in my Inbox. Time will tell! my disposition has improved greatly!
Old 06-19-2018, 08:52 AM

I am so technology illiterate that I can't help you much but I am guessing that there is a button someplace that just needs clicked and you would be in business. I had trouble the other day with something on my computer and I called Apple support (I have an Apple Mac) and they were so helpful and talked to them for about an hour. What service and computer do you have? I have Outlook for email and don't have any trouble. Wishing you good luck.