teenagers

Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

I wouldn't want to be in my teens again -once was quite enough. Looking back, comparatively speaking, it wasn't all that bad.

Now - if I could do it again with what I know now - I would probably be bored out of my mind!

It's a hard time in some ways - one minute one isn't old enough to do whatever, the next minute one is too old to be acting the way one is.

The emotions (although I still have some of them at 67!) that are so out of control and one doesn't have the experience to quite know how to deal with some of the "stuff" that life deals out.

Although I would really like to have that body again.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I have decided that teenagers become unpleasant so it is easier to let them go.

So instead of thinking "my baby is growing up" the thinking is "I can't wait for you to be on your own"

And if you have menopause and puberty attempting to co-exist in the same household at the same time - it can be "interesting"
I've heard teenagers are the reason some animals eat their young. :)

My oldest isn't quite a teen - yet. She's 12, so far so good. Hoping nothing funny happens to her turn bratty. Cuz I may have to beat some sense into her... That's what my grandma did when kids got out of line...

Old 05-06-2009, 04:26 PM

Hope you are feeling better today. Down moments come to all of us. Remember the other side of down is up.

I had the pleasure of having my grandsons for a month. They are two years old and 6 months old. I miss them, but must let the parents hoard them and train them.

I am trying to make picture albums for them and want to male a habit of writing my thoughts in the albums to let them read when they grow older. It is hard to share when they live away from us.

Have a better today and many greater tomorrows.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:39 PM

Barb, I love how you pick yourself up despite your battles! Keep doing that. It's such a big inspiration to me! Teens are still iffy, but mine came home with stellar progress reports today, so I'm happy! As we joke around here, "they can stay another day!" But truly, I am so thankful that they are normal, happy, friendly, respectful, conscientious kids. They can stay longer, but don't tell them I said that! :roll:
Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 PM

My "kids" are grown, 44 and 40 and their teenage years were a blast----they worked part time, went to school, did the sports things; all their friends were great, and to this day call us Momma T and Pops; life was simpler then. We've had our hand in raising 3 of our grandkids these past 8 years and life, in general, has changed. They seem to think the world owes them a living...I want...I've gotta have....I need to have....but work? Good grief! Kudo's to all of you with teenagers in this day and age. I pray that what we tried to instill in our grand daughter sunk in...now that there are 2 great grand daughters. Our 1 grandson is now working and on his own and shows signs of "listening" to Gram and Gramp. Although our other grandson is "lost", our prayers are with him and hope remains. They're all blessings in their own way.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:46 PM

Awe, thanks guys. I really am feeling much better. I think it was just a down moment, you know? I've been having a small problem with my mood meds too, they switched me from brandname to generic, and hasnt effected me well, but today my pharmacist found a generic med made by the brandname company, so i think this will put me back to normal :) And i had the flu when i posted that, so i always get whiney when im sick :)
Old 05-07-2009, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Barb M
Awe, thanks guys. I really am feeling much better. I think it was just a down moment, you know? I've been having a small problem with my mood meds too, they switched me from brandname to generic, and hasnt effected me well, but today my pharmacist found a generic med made by the brandname company, so i think this will put me back to normal :) And i had the flu when i posted that, so i always get whiney when im sick :)
If you feel 'whiney' this is the place to let it out! We understand and are ready to listen, Barb. I'm glad you're feeling better today. :D :D
Old 05-07-2009, 10:37 AM

I don't do kids! Of any age! YUCKY! Never had 'em, never will. I saw what my sister went through with her 5! EEEWWWW!

1. newborn = pooping, peeing, puking
2. terrible 2's
3. 4-14 = big brats that know more than God and need lots of money
4. 15-21 = whatever, just bigger brats that cost more
Old 05-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

And you know what?

Once a parent, always a parent!