Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
tell the truth - who still has their Christmas tree up? >

tell the truth - who still has their Christmas tree up?

tell the truth - who still has their Christmas tree up?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:44 PM

Mine is still up - I get to enjoy it now that all the family has gone home - and have been known to add a few hearts to one in February!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:25 PM

Makes perfect sense to me.
I leave ours up at least until mid January. usually until end of Jan. It is a lot of work putting it up so why take it down so soon. Enjoy it. I find it very relaxing and soothing to have the tree lights on in evening. Lylamarie
Old 01-07-2011, 10:27 PM

I love the spirit of christmas sooo much and enjoy the decorations so much that if I lived all alone out in the boonies I would still put my tree up and as many decorations as I could.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:28 PM

it is a fresh balsam: didn't go up until christmas eve, and it's still not dropping needles. i love the scent--but since 12th night has come and gone, i'll have to take it down this weekend. am going to save needles to make a balsam pillow from. this will be our last "real" tree--hubby bought a "toilet brush tree" on sale at fleet farm after christmas, this year, so that balsam pillow will be a nice remembrance.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:57 PM

I'm leaving mine up all year!! I have a pencil style fake tree with lights in a pot with some beautiful Angel Ornaments from Hallmark that I strung crystals on that are used in chandeliers as garland. Right now I have jeweled snowflakes that I made on the tree with the Angels. I like the idea of hearts for Valentines and may decorate with each Holiday. Some people have Fake Fica Trees in their house, I'm going to have an Evergreen tree in my living room from now on. I like the lights, as it gives the room ambiance and I don't have to have any other light on when watching TV. So, that's what I'm doing with my tree. As to the other Christmas decos, they have been put away except for the Snowmen!!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Jim

Ours came down tonight..on the 6th..usually take it down on New Yrs day but was in a sewing frenzy to get a commissioned piece out
Old 01-08-2011, 09:44 AM

Ours is still up in the family room love to have the lights on , cuddle up to hubby watching something on TV...
Old 01-08-2011, 12:30 PM

Never put one up, really missed it, but it didn't seem worth it, without the boys here to enjoy it with. I can remember they would turn it on the first thing they got up, and I would turn it off when they went to bed. I remember the first year my youngest son went to college, when he came home for the break he brought a tree with him, it was so sweet, and beautiful. Husband would rather not have the disruption.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:20 PM

Mine is still up but hope to take it down tomorrow. I have been sick since 12/27/10 w/ Bronchitis & now pneumonia. Unfortunately, I still have to work. That's the problem of being a medical professional.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:26 PM

Took mine down last week, it was snowing the week-end I usually do it. All put away for another year.