Tempurpedic mattress

Old 12-05-2011, 08:02 PM

we have a nock off, have had it for 5 yrs and it is still very comfy it is warm ,but put a thick matt.pad on it .no more heat, We also have a twin tempur pedic mattress it is to thin, not thick enough to support your hips with the conture of your shoulders your hips are heaver than your top . ,the nock off is 14inches thick , They say beware of the tempur- pedic it wares out fast (it gets soft). The grand kids used to fight over who slept in the twin. Dottie Bug
Old 12-05-2011, 08:09 PM

I just love mine
Old 12-05-2011, 08:23 PM

We bought a tempur-pedic mattress and pillows and after one week made the furniture co. come and pick it up. If you have allergy problems I can't see how you could sleep on it. We were told the smell would go away and that most people don't notice it but...
Our son also had one and he said after 3 years it had their body molded into and was hard to sleep on. Lots of people like them though.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:46 PM

Interesting thread. My Dh and I have had the TP pillows for about 10 yrs. now. I think they are getting too old and we need new ones. Got it when I sprained my thoracic, lumbar, and sacaral regions. Seemed to help my neck greatly.
We have thought about a mattress, but cannot afford it.
I like teh idea of the sleep number mattress. One of these days we will get rid of our way too old mattress. Thanks for all the feedback.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:13 AM

I'm wondering if the amplification in heat while you sleep could be due to pre-menopause night sweats. I am in this stage and also suffering from aching joints and back. Has anyone tried the gel mixed temperpedic?
Old 12-10-2011, 08:28 AM

We have been sleeping on one for 6 years and love it. It is still like a piece of heaven every night!!! I have lots of arthritis, plus DDD in my spine.....I have so much less pain with this bed!! Neither my DH or I have noticed an issue with heat.

Patti
Old 12-10-2011, 11:32 AM

We have a Tempurpedic bed And love it. I know they make some sort of mattress that adjusts to your body temperature.

http://www.tempurpedic.com/TEMPUR-Co...Collection.asp
Old 12-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Power Poster

It is so interesting me to hear everyone's experiences. I don't have one but a good friend does and she is always very hot. We can't even travel in the car together because she wants the a/c on full tilt and I am frozen in a second. Anyway, she has a temperpedic - the name brand - and she loves it. Says it doesn't make her hot. So, as my grandma used to say, "Go Know".
Old 12-11-2011, 06:44 PM

I have a sleep number mattress and I absolutely wish I never spent the money on it. My husband sleeps good on it but I can only sleep on it for a couple hours at a time. My hips, back and knees hurt so bad after a couple hours I have to get up and sleep in the recliner. I suppose it just depends on what condition your bones and joints are in.
Chris