Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tempurpedic mattress

Blog Entries

Tempurpedic mattress

I'm sorry, but I do not like my tempurpedic mattress at all./ Gave mine to my daughter. I much prefer my feather bed

What didn't you like about it? I have heard they are too warm for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
    What didn't you like about it? I have heard they are too warm for some people.
    I found this to be the case with a tempurpedic mattress topper I tried. After a few sweaty nights, I cut it up and used it in my senor dog's bed. He appreciates the extra warmth.

Is that why I get so sweaty at night!! I have a topper on my bed too at first I loved it now I sweat so bad I move to the couch during the night!! I never thought about that being the cause!

Blog Entries
    my daughter had one she bought thinking it would be good to sleep on--haha. got rid of it. I slept on it while I was babysitting there when they were gone. omg couldn't get out of it. it was so hot about roasted to death and sweat!! She said the same thing.

Blog Entries
    Are you sure it is a TempurPedic mattress? I have the mattress and I absolutely love it. My old hips just sink in. I have had feather beds and pretty soon you are sleeping in a hole, not with this mattress. It is worth every penny. I will never have another.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

Blog Entries
    I don't have the Tempur-pedic but a brand that our local furniture store sells. They carried both brands and after spending half the day going back and forth lying on them...couldn't tell the difference. I live mine well enough but it seems I sleep on the couch most of the time...it has down filled pillows!

my sister and her husband just bought one. boy i wouldnt like it if you got
    that hot. but she will love hers she is always cold.

Blog Entries
    Mine does not seem to get hot, but I just don't find it comfortable to sleep on. My hips and back hurt, and yes it is an original tempur-pedic

Temperpedic Mattress

Quote Originally Posted by feffertim View Post
    Mine does not seem to get hot, but I just don't find it comfortable to sleep on. My hips and back hurt, and yes it is an original tempur-pedic
    I SECOND THAT !! We bought that mattress after giving up our waterbed. DH loves the Temperpedic, but I hate it. I sleep on my side (mostly the left), and my shoulders ache each and every morning. Thank goodness for the shower massage to loosen me up.

Kat
    Kat Zak
    Unwrap each day as if it were a gift – enjoy and appreciate life.

I agree with Murphy1, I love it. My DH doesn't like it. So we have it on out spare bed for visitors. I sometimes go in there and sleep, because it feelsl so good to me.

We bought a Tempurpedic king size mattress and suffered thru a month before returning it! It was hot and, even worse, we ached in our hips and shoulders. The first three or four nights seemed ok, but after that it didn't seem to offer support in those areas. We were delighted to get rid of it.
    Janet L52

I have one of the knock off's (Bob'o'pedic) and I was having the same issue with the heat. (Especially once I started with hot flashes.) I picked up a thick (About 1-2") cotton topper to put over it and that seemed to solve the heat problem. Other than that I like it and find it very comfortable. Of course our previous mattress was about 20 year old when we got rid of it so anything had to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by katzak View Post
    I SECOND THAT !! We bought that mattress after giving up our waterbed. DH loves the Temperpedic, but I hate it. I sleep on my side (mostly the left), and my shoulders ache each and every morning. Thank goodness for the shower massage to loosen me up.

Kat
    Make that three!!! Husband loves it, I would prefer something else...the thing is really very uncomfortable...
    Kitty

Mine was too hot also - my hubby and I would wake up in ball of sweat - I liked the comfort of it - but it bothered hubby's back - we have it in a guest room - we bought one of those air adjustable beds - I did not like that at all - made my back hurt like heck - I slept on it for about 2 1/2 yrs - had a hard time giving it away - nobody wanted it. Finally went back to nice mattress with pillow top - and works great - less cost too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy1 View Post
    Are you sure it is a TempurPedic mattress? I have the mattress and I absolutely love it. My old hips just sink in. I have had feather beds and pretty soon you are sleeping in a hole, not with this mattress. It is worth every penny. I will never have another.
    I totally agree. I don't find it to be to hot at all. I have had mine for a year and love it. It really is like sleeping on a cloud.

Glad to hear the feedback since I was considering one.
    Linda

I don't own a Temper. but I slept on one at a hotel for a few nights. Both my hubby and I were HOT-from the mattress and we didn't like how it felt. We have been thinking about a sleep number--any opinions on that?
    raynhamquilter
    I hope you dance!

Blog Entries
    I gave ours away too. I didn't have enough support even thought it was rated firm. I also found it very hot. I'm way past menopause so that wasn't it.
    We have a pillow top now but even it is not enough for my sharp bones. I'm thinking about one of the Wool toppers.
    MaryKatherine
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I LOVE mine. No more back ache, just put a very good mattress cover on and it isn't hot for me.... and I'm at that "flashing" age!!!
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

Blog Entries
    I cannot sleep on the temper-pedic as I cannot walk the next day my hips and whole back are stiff and hurt good thing they give a free trial but then all mattresses are not meant for everyone my idea of the best is the one each person sets
    for themselves

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    hmmm..I have a Sleep number air bed and love it .. thought about a tempurpedic for the guest bedroom tho ..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

We have a sleep number bed. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by bodie358 View Post
    I found this to be the case with a tempurpedic mattress topper I tried. After a few sweaty nights, I cut it up and used it in my senor dog's bed. He appreciates the extra warmth.
    I found it difficult to move or roll over along with the warmth.
    Mine went to SD.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My DH wanted one so we got one, he really liked it from the get go for awhile so I tollerated it but I hated it right from the beginning. I got very hot and sweaty and the bed was to hard for me and if you got out of the spot you layed in for awile then the rest of the mattress was cold. I ached and hurt every morning when I would get up. After a couple years he decided he didn't like it anymore either so we sold it.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast