TENNESSEE!!!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:36 PM

My family lives in Clarksville, Tn--Montgomery County--rite down the road from Nashville....They were hit pretty hard....I have brothers and cousins tht work with the city and county ...and believe me...it is not a pretty site rite now...They all were out helping with clean up and gettin people to safty.....Everyone has been in my prayers....
Old 05-06-2010, 06:51 PM

My SIL is in FL helping her parents get ready to move back up here to MI. Aside, OH JOY! Anyways, if a friend had not moved her car for her, it would have been underwater and ruined. Thank goodness for friends. They are in my prayers.
Wendy B
Old 05-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Granna of 5
I live in West Tennessee half way between Memphis and Nashville. All this area was hit hard. Personally we are ok we live on a small hill and did not get damage, just couldn't get into or out of town for 24 hrs. Husband had appointment in Nashville at VA on Monday of course had to cancel. Interstate 40 was closed in both directions. Water seems to be the main problem as it is unsafe to drink. Red Cross is doing a great job. Thanks for your concern and prayers.....
My FIL goes to the VA in Nashville, dont you just love how they change things around there from your last visit? :lol: :lol:

I am in west TN and I was the one giving all of the updates and so forth in our part of TN but my place in middle TN looks like it survived great but the folks in the hollers did not fare so well.

Hoenwald, TN had most of their bridges over the creeks and the Buffalo river washed away I think Hickman County got hit pretty hard also.

I am going to Nashville tomorrow morning and I am going to try to get to Linden on my way back home and see my nephew and his family. They said the Church down the road from them was washed off of its foundation and the water was about 3" from coming into their home. Perry county is supposed to be deciding to close the school year out right now because 7 of the 10 buses were washed away and totaled. That and the fact that the county is still half underwater.

The family down the road from me in one of the hollers her son and grand daughter were washed away in the flood waters from the creek you have to drive through to get to my land. Their bodies were found a mile or so down the creek yesterday or the day before. I am lucky, I own 100 acres and its on two ridges so I was high and dry!! If I think I can get to my place I will drop my 40' trailer at my nephews and drive up there and check on it. I hate to have to back that behemoth down some winding road because I can not go over a missing bridge or something. And the roads around there you have 300 ft drop offs on one side and a huge hill on the other.

I just hope that everyone here and their extended families are safe and sound tonite. If not just remember to look to the Lord for your needs, he will always provide for you!!

Everyone of you are in my families prayers.

Billy