Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
To Thank You All For Being Such Neat People >

To Thank You All For Being Such Neat People

To Thank You All For Being Such Neat People

Old 01-27-2011, 12:43 AM

With an attitude like you have
I am sure you wiil acheive your aims, you are an inspiration to us all. You go gal
Old 01-27-2011, 03:58 AM

Stay positive - wishing you all the very best.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:22 AM

The doll is cute....you keep going, your doing real well
Old 01-27-2011, 07:17 AM

Robin -- hope the appointment went well.

As for doctors -- well, I have had the same experience but you are doing the most important thing -- taking responsibility for your healing! They don't know everything and many are challenged when it comes to dealing with the personality of the patient.

Keep plugging along and don't let anyone else define you. You are you -- not a percentage nor a statistic!!

Many prayers coming your way.

Pat
Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 AM

You go girl :!: Working through pain is not easy. You have shown that you have the determination to push on. You will be quilting again before you know it. ))))))HUGS((((((((
Old 01-27-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Robin H
When I signed on here, I had mentioned that I had a bad car accident.

August 13th, I was heading north less than a block from my home when a guy heading south cut me off with a left turn so he could get into a parking lot driveway. He smashed into the front wheel on my driver's side, and plowed me up over a curb and into a block wall. My knees smashed into the dash board, my right ankle was jammed onto the pedal. My left thumb was jammed back into its joint and won't budge, my left wrist, arm and shoulder are all messed up. I had a concussion, whiplash, back and neck injuries, and nerve damage to my legs. I have been bedridden until recently.

A neurologist that I saw last month had the nerve to tell me that I would never walk or drive again.

"Well, I'll show you," I thought, and decided that I had to take matters into my own hands. With the help of a walker and a cane, I am getting better at walking every day. I found that it is next to impossible to push the foot pedal on my sewing machine but I had the determination to do it and I work at it a little at a time. To sew without the use of my left thumb is an enormous challenge, especially when my whole left arm is weak and painful and just about every other part of my body is in pain 24 hours a day.

I made the Raggedy Ann and her clothes using my own pattern, some time ago. I hope to be able to get back to that level of sewing some day. Until then, struggling with another pair of potholders will keep me in the "quilting" realm.

Although I have only been at the quilting board a short time, you have all been so kind with your encouragement and positive comments, not only to me but to each other. It brightens my day to be "around" such kind and thoughtful people.

I have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor tomorrow. Hopefully he will give me a better prognosis. Wish me luck?
If your sewing machine is in a cabinet have someone attach your foot pedal to the inside of the cabinet and use it by pushing with your knee. My mom did this oh so many years ago and it is the way we all learned to sew on that machine. I'm sure something similar can be rigged up if you use a portable machine.

I am confident with your attitude you will be able to walk again in good time. Best to you and great success in your recovery.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:59 AM

So sorry about you accident. I pray that you continue to get better. Love your doll. I just bought a pattern to make them. Hopefully I will get to it soon. I would appreciate any suggestions you have concerning making them.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:08 PM

Doctors don't always know, but God does and He will give you the strength and determination to do it. Keep up the good work. Show us some potholders or quilt squares you have done. All us here know you can do it and will help any way we can.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:09 PM

want to wish you the best. good luck at your appointment.youve already come a long way you will get there.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:23 PM

You GO Girl! You have already done what they said you couldn't. Good luck to you.