Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
There is an Alternative Treatment for all the Auto Immune Related Diseases - RA, Fibro, Lupus, Etc. >

There is an Alternative Treatment for all the Auto Immune Related Diseases - RA, Fibro, Lupus, Etc.

There is an Alternative Treatment for all the Auto Immune Related Diseases - RA, Fibro, Lupus, Etc.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
My doctor refused - he can't get beyond the 'official' use to deal with an off label use. My neurologist was the same and my rheumatologist poo-pooed it. I am looking for a dr in Michigan who has an open mind. My chiropractor and I have not given up.
Have you tried looking for an osteopath instead? They are not usually so close-minded!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:37 PM

My PCP is an osteopath. DOs and MDs are pretty well mixed here in the north country. Shared offices and hospital facilities.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:19 PM

for
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I love hearing about natural and other treatments for illnesses. Being an RN I can tell you that way too many people take way too many pills! Doing a hospital admission can be eye-opening when you get the list of all the drugs people are on.
I applaud all of you for searching for alternatives :D
Please note this is just a general comment. There are certainly reasons to take medications but we need to be pro-active with our health, as you have shown!! :)
for sure, Sue! I am a nurse too, but believe in most of the natural medicines, herbs, etc. DM is 82, always gets asked what drugs she takes, when she says none, they always say, you must be taking something! We take an herbal blood pressure that is ayurvedic called Carditone. I have to take Femara, post cancer treatment. Other than those we take a bunch of vitamins... That LDN sounds really interesting, too, for a lot of things!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Power Poster

I hear ya, Linda!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Too funny about your Mom. I can imagine how shocked they are lol
Glad she is doing so well :)
My Mom takes practically nothing either. I hope I am the same at her age.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:34 PM

I've managed 50 some years of Lupus, 30 years of fibromyalgia and nearly 50 years of RA with OA coming in somewhere along the lines with vitamins and supplements and one NSAID, only. Oh, and foot and ankle surgeries to repair damage done by the arthritis(es). But when nerve damage and neuropathy jumped on the band wagon, I'm looking for more help. I have to be able to walk. I want LDN, wah, wah, wah.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:51 AM

Linda, my mom is 86 and takes not many drugs at all...one for cholesterol, one for blood pressure, one to prevent afib, and an anti-anxiety med (she says her heart makes her nervous!). That's all. It's a blessing to have access to what we need, but we really look carefully at what we are given, and if we don't want to take it, we don't! We are very involved with our health care providers. We have the greatest PCP...she talks to us about each issue, gives us options and discusses alternatives. We are lucky to have her!

When I found the LDN, she listened to what I found, did her own research, and then said "Let's try it!". She is as amazed at the results as I am, and she and her sister, also a family practitioner, are now prescribing it to some of their other patients after seeing my results.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

Jljack, I redeemed myself!! LOL :D:D
Didn't realized you posted this one!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Jljack, I redeemed myself!! LOL :D:D
Didn't realized you posted this one!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: No worries!! All is forgiven! :-)
Old 05-13-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Shermy
OMG I would love to get off all the drugs I'm on, but what are the side affects of this medicine?? I could talk to my doctor, but I think she would just tell me to talk to my Rhumatologist about it..I am on Remicade, Methotrexate,Prednesone and Folic Acid for my hair...I can't just stop taking them...I'm so happy for you, I will surely check on it...My husband is only working for the insurance for my R.A. Very expensive stuff...
Shermy, this drug is very very benign...the side effects are so very minimal, if any. I have not had any at all. Some people get vivid dreams that may disturb their sleep some for a while, but it goes away. Some people experience some flu like symptoms for a couple of days, but it goes away. That's it. Read the information on the website.

To all -- Taking this medication has changed my life--I am completely myself again. I was going from bed to work to couch to bed. I have been an active person all my life, and the RA "benched" me to the point of literally no activity at all. I was depressed because of the lack of activity and the pain. I hardly quilted at all for over a year. I was truly miserable. This med has set me free!

There is nothing to lose with trying this....it either will work or not. But it certainly will not harm anyone. A good side benefit is that if you have allergies it helps calm that down, too. I live in Agri-land...and I have lots of environmental allergies...weeds, trees, grasses. So I am constantly taking allergy meds. The LDN has considerably toned down my allergies. My head is clear and my ears are open completely for the first time in years.

If you are in my area of CA and want to try it and your doc won't, I'll give you my doc's info. She loves the results her patients are getting with it.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:34 PM

Update - I have been asked to take part in doing a DVD of interviews of patients using the LDN to be presented at an LDN Awareness Meeting of doctors, researchers and potential patients in Europe. I do the interview tomorrow with Linda Elsegood in London..I am VERY excited to do this so I can tell my story of how great my body has responded to the LDN treatment.

Wish me luck!!! This is important to get people interested in this.