Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
there is something seriously wrong with me. >

there is something seriously wrong with me.

there is something seriously wrong with me.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:36 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

I have the same problem. When I started, I couldn't wait to have a "stash," and now that I have one, I have too many choices to make a decision. sigh
Old 10-24-2011, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
i usually let gift-giving guide my next project. then, if i see something that i especially like on here, i create from that inspiration. then there are those projects that come up due to leftovers from another project. so many quilts... so little time.
That's the way I create, also. Gift giving is exciting to me and I am always planning on the next one that I will gift and to who will be the recipient of my next project.
My Mom always said, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." So just take a little bitty bite and soon you'll have eaten an elephant. LOL
Old 10-24-2011, 01:03 PM

Sounds like you are normal. Maybe start with a small project, get the great feeling completing something and go from there?
Old 10-24-2011, 01:06 PM

Same here. Just can't make up my mind what pattern to start first.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I'd say you and I are sailing on the same boat!
Move over...I am in that same boat too......and I am trying to change that.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:26 PM

Oh my goodness, that is me!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
I am paddling real fast to get in your boat before I drown.
me too... and still managed to get a whole bunch more stuff on the shop hop weekend b4 last!!! i'm almost afraid to go up to my sewing room.. i'm drowning in there!!!

good think i'm teaching a friend to quilt on wed nites.. so i will have to get up there then!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 PM

I'm so glad this posting is here!! I've been 'poor me-ing', doing the victim thing cause I have to work and am so ADD I think I need a different med for it, that it's hard to have time or focus to quilt...
Yet I sit on here, looking at all the beautiful quilts, and I want, I want!! lol!! But to get them - I need to make them! ;)
I did very recently start sewing again, haven't since last February when I finished my son's flannel log cabin. I'm making my quitar playing DH a big quitar wallhanging. :) :) I'm just so hit and miss about going in and working on it!
:(
I bought a bunch of summery material, was going to make a summertime quilt (last Spring!), and I see all of yours, so I get sideteacked still thinking of how I'll make mine... Then I've been checking out the BOM pictures...
I look at all the material/books/magazines I have, and feel quilty that I'm not going gung ho 24/7 *using* it!
I like the idea someone posted about just going in, if even for a half hour, and sewing. I'm starting it right after dinner tonight!
You're all such a blessing!! Thank you! :) :)
Old 10-24-2011, 02:22 PM

There must be a whole fleet of these boats. I'm in one also.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by feffertim
When I was growing up, I had a favorite poem by A.A.Milne in the Christopher Robin Books about a shipwrecked sailer who had so many things that he wanted to do, that whenever he thought it was time to begin,he couldn't because of the state he was in. He started to make fish hooks and then decided the sun was to hot and he needed to make a hat, when he was making the hat, he decided he needed to find water first, etc etc. In the end he did nothing at all.
Well, I feel like this sailor with my quilting. I have so many projects I want to make, so many patterns I have saved, so much fabric in my stash, that I can't decide which to do first, so in the end I do nothing and spend all my time on this board. How pathetic is that ?
The thing I like best about the Board, is that I find I am not alone in my feelings. We are in the same boat.