Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Are there towns/states you would never live in? >

Are there towns/states you would never live in?

Are there towns/states you would never live in?

Old 10-10-2009, 08:37 AM

I wouldn't go back to California, born & raised there,it was great. (60's 70's 80's even most of the 90's) 'Sigh' things have changed.

We moved here (northern Arkansas) five years ago and I love it, the longer we live hear the better I like.

I think Chicago,NY, any big metro area would cause a problem with me.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 AM

i too am a marine corp brat and moved every two years until my dad retired.live in florida, calif , tenn, ohio(while he was in Vietnam) Washington State.traveled alot of places.I can't think of ever leaving Az.love it here,But I also miss Nashville Tenn.lived there after I had gotten married the first time and loved it there,but can do without the snow
Old 10-10-2009, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
If hubby came home and said we are moving to______. I know I would resist with all my might. Nothing personal to those that live in my never list. I probably live in the top never place now. :D :D

1. Mississippi
2 Vermont
3. Wisconsin
Since no one else has asked yet, why are these your "never" places? Why Wisconsin? Not just because of its winter, surely, since there are many other wintry places you didn't list.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:36 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't want to live anywhere but here. We live in a wonderful college town. Everything you want is within driving distance. (Chicago is only an hour away). You can catch a train, bus or drive to two large airports. (Great for flying to NYC to see our DD). We have lots of parks, walking paths and restaurants. Winter can be challenging. We do live in the snow belt. But, it is beautiful when the snow piles up. We do have a four seasons. The leaves are truly beautiful today.
The city does a great job clearing and we are never snowed in for more than a day. Maybe I should work for the tourism board. :lol:
When DD comes home for a visit, she is bored crazy. That is exactly why I love it. (And my Granddaughters live here too. :-)
Old 10-10-2009, 06:42 PM

My list is the northeast, too cold , the southwest, too hot, the northwest, too wet and the upper midwest, too cold. I'll stay in the midwest or the south. Sure there's the occasional tornado but you get plenty of warning most times.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
I could NEVER move back to the town that I grew up in! Japan, Missouri.
Have you ever heard the song "Famous in a Small Town" by Miranda Lambert? That was the story of my life!

Being a military family you kinda get use to the thought of moving anywhere they send you. I know when my husband got his first set of orders I was so heart broken! We were supposed to move to Baumholder, Germany but due to the fact I was 8 months pregnant with our middle son they canceled his orders! I cried!
Oh, dear---I have to tell you that you did not miss anything at all by not getting to live in Baumholder!! We spent two years there and all I can say about it is-that is two years of my life I will never get back again!!

And being a military spouse I learned to never-say-never, too. I guess I would live anywhere, as long as I have my husband by my side. BUT, I am happiest right here, right now. :D
Old 10-10-2009, 07:46 PM

I would not be thrilled about moving anywhere colder than Illinois. It is plenty cold for me. I start whining in October and don't stop until May. Other than that, I'm flexible.

If you want to pick a spot I'd love to move to, I'm voting for North Carolina. Specifically the Wilmington - Carolina Beach area. It is my absolute favorite place ever.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Banned

Yeah, I HATE living in Houston. HATE HATE HATE HATE!!!! But I'm stuck here because of family.

I loved DC. Absolutely loved living there.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:09 PM

Personally, wouldn't go to ANY big city. Moved here from a very large, crimefilled, traffic snarled city to the peacefulness of the countryside. If we didn't have ticks, chiggers and tornados everyone would be here!!! :lol:
Old 10-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Banned

You can go to www.findyourspot.com and take a free online survey about what you want and don't want in a place to live, and it matches you with the spots fit. It is really fun and the results can be surprising!