Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
They are calling it the "storm of the century"! >

They are calling it the "storm of the century"!

They are calling it the "storm of the century"!

Old 10-27-2010, 05:21 PM

yes it was quite the storm, I had to make a very fast trip from california to Manitoba. I left sunday,picked my daughter up in vegas (she flew down from manitoba to help me drive). My mom is not doing well and I wanted to get back to see her. Anyway we were a bit behind the storm in SLC, Utah on Sunday nite,. Went through there Monday am and with God's hand on us we missed all the bad weather in Utah, Idaho,Montana and ND. Had the bad winds in ND but they were a tail wind for us. But I did hear on the radio that the wind was as strong as a Cat 2 hurricane. But now am stay ( and freezing my butt off ) in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Old 10-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Google Goddess

yes, we got that storm yesterday on Tuesday and a tornado was 20 miles from us and did damage, we just had a few limbs down, we sure lucked out as it was windy and got 1/2 of rain from that storm
Old 10-27-2010, 05:24 PM

It pretty much missed Northeast Ohio. Some hard wind and rain but not too bad.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
In the Midwest we are having a terrible wind storm, with tornado's and rain...70,000 people in Illinois are without power. It is really bad, winds are hurricane force.
Lots of trees down, and I don't think we are going to have to rake leaves...they are all gone.
Have to go out to Post Office, but don't want to...
Is everyone OK?
I heard about that winter storm in your neck of the woods. I lived in FL. for several yrs. Hurricanes, tornado's, you name it. Quite an eye opener for a gal who has lived in the Pacific NW all her life. Just traveled through White Pass, WA. with snow falling. Too early for that stuff here. Torrence of rain in the NW valleys. Probably going to be a bad winter for all of us. Stay safe.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:45 PM

Tink...it's still blowing here and forecasting to be the same on thursday :( Our temps are going down to around 20 tonight with chances of rain. :( I just hope that we don't get snow yet bc it's only to be in the low 40's thursday :( Hugs and stay safe and warm :) Keep a tight hold on Tink for us. :)
Old 10-27-2010, 05:49 PM

SW Minnesota is in it's second day of wind. We had snow flurries this morning. The table on the deck had snow on it but it is gone now but not the wind. It is suppose to blow itself out tonight (I hope).
Old 10-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Power Poster

Last night we had a tornado touch down 10 miles away... and I live in WA state... not even close to all of you :roll: this weather is CRAZY!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by rufree4t
SW Minnesota is in it's second day of wind. We had snow flurries this morning. The table on the deck had snow on it but it is gone now but not the wind. It is suppose to blow itself out tonight (I hope).
It is still terribly windy - My Mom has electricity on her side of the street and the neighbors across the street are in their third day with no electricity, no heat, no nothin'! It is 8:30 AM and is 33.2* outside. I have to bring in the Hibiscus tree and the orange tree #1 son brought back from Florida on his Spring Break (college years - 1987) (still blooms and produces kumquat size oranges!) Best get the rest of the flowers out of the garden. There is nothing worse than pulling impatiens after they have frozen and it is a cold morning and they are so slimy!

Have a great day! This is the Midwest - Love it or Leave it!!!!!

I love it! Edie