Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Thiefs at Jo-Ann's

Just got back from JoAnn's. Only 2people working, both cutting fabric. Got to the cash register, checked out and I headed for the door. 2 women, 1 carring an Ott Light in box and another woman carring something else in a big box. They hovered at some fabric displays near the door and when I walked out, so did they. I knew I had not seen them at the cash register. My friend came out right after I did, I told her what happened and between the 2 of us, we got their license plate number. We went back in, asked both workers if they had cashed someone out with an Ott light and they both said no. I told them they had been taken and gave them the license plate number. You know, we all end up paying in the end for stuff like that.

I'm glad you got the license plate. Makes me mad that people do this

Good for you for getting involved. Great detective work!!

Going back in to report it was the right thing to do. Thank you.

You better believe we honest people pay for this kinda stuff.

quick thinking :thumbup:

Good for you. My JoAnn's usually has just 2 people working and half the time one of them is in the back doing whatever. The cutting table is so that person has no idea who is coming and going. So I am sure that type of thing happens alot.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Good for you. Shame on them for stealing.

I have wanted a big Ott Lite forever......but not bad enough to steal it! Hats off to BarbaraTx for noticing.

I've stolen only one thing in my whole entire life...when I was 11...a paperback from k-mart. For the next 6 months, every time the door bell or the phone rang, I was just certain it was the police coming for me. I decided right then that thievery wasn't in the cards for me...

Fast forward about 40 years...I stop at the convenience store that I stop at every morning on my way to work...I run out of hands so put one item in my pocket. When I get to work, I find the item, panicked, found the store's phone number, called them to let them know what happened, and stopped again on my way home to pay for the item...the store workers were laughing hysterically at me, but I felt better. Oh yeah, the item? a tube of Carmex!

Blog Entries
    AWESOME!!! I hope they called the police!! You did the right thing!

Blog Entries
    glad your got the license plate # and reported them

Really rotten that people steal from sewing stores....and really any stores...thankfully most of us acquire our possessions the right way...we purchase them.
    Good for you for getting the liscense number and reporting it and hope that they get caught!

np3
    Blog Entries
    Glad you helped out. It was the right thing to do.

Blog Entries
    Good for u! If I accidentally take something I go back In and pay ! Not always easy explaining to the clerk! Lol

Everyone should be cautious at Jo Ann's, there's been at least 2 members of the board that have had thefts when coming out of the store and even one member had the trunk open on her car, and someone grabbed her bags.

Glad you got their plates. Yep, thats why we all pay so much, dishonest people like that!

I don't do anything that could put me in jail. You can't pick your room mates in jail.

It never ceases to amaze me at the things that people do! Also a lesson for JoAnn's to stop understaffing their stores and putting their employees at risk.

This world needs prayer my friends!

I doubt that stores will stop undestaffing. I think they have decided that shoplifting is cheaper than the labor to run the store correctly. Of course, the store is blamed for the shrink. I am courious to know if the store called the police and if they responded.
    Thank you for reporting it. I am constantly saying that we pay for every shoplifter and the people who put things down in the grocery. You know, the bananas in the freezer and the chuck roast in the gum display.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    unfortunately, with places like ebay making it easy to get rid of the GOODS, people will keep doing these things..and with the companies cutting back on hours/employees, you will see fewer of them from now on...I worked at a fabric store that was constantly losing BOLTS of asian silks...sure enough we stood watch from behind a wall and the girls from the Asian restaurant next door would come just before we closed, look at the pretty dress fabrics and cause a distraction long enough for a guy to pop in and grab and leave with the employee up front never seeing him...

the next day a buzzer went on the door so you knew when it was opened and someone went in or out...

most of those of stores have NO security cameras, or they have DUMMIES....they are NOT going to pay for someone to monitor them, etc...

Good for you!!!!

Good for you..........not everyone is trust worthy now days with the economy and everything.......lots of steeling going on for sure!!

Blog Entries
    Good for you

You did the right thing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast