Thiefs at Jo-Ann's

Old 04-21-2011, 06:39 AM

I guess I would look on Yahoo or Google for 'crochet rag rugs' My Mom did that and sewed her strips together and rolled them in balls.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:42 AM

Good for you. I hate dishonesty.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Glad you reported them! Hope they get caught and prosecuted! Maybe then they will stop.....
Old 04-21-2011, 11:01 AM

Just called Jo-Ann's to see if the theft had been reported (Connie, the manager, was off yesterday and didn't come in until 12:30 today). She said since a store employee hadn't witnessed it (and no surveilance system), she didn't think there was much they could do. Her hubby is a police LT, so she's going to call him and he'll do a report. Like some one else mentioned on the original post, Connie said at least now the sewing machines are locked up. She said she's had to run out to the parking lot to get license plate numbers. The police are called and "they're, well, ok". Doesn't sound like much is done. Now, doesn't that give a message to people without a conscience.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:14 AM

NO surveillance system at all? I presumed that any store with sales to the public had surveillance systems all over the place. They don't cost that much, and could save a lot of thefts.

Now where was that store? I know that this will get around by those thieves, and I'll bet they will shortly have a big series of losses on their books. Wonder when they do their inventory? Anyone wanna bet they will get cameras shortly after?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
Just got back from JoAnn's. Only 2people working, both cutting fabric. Got to the cash register, checked out and I headed for the door. 2 women, 1 carring an Ott Light in box and another woman carring something else in a big box. They hovered at some fabric displays near the door and when I walked out, so did they. I knew I had not seen them at the cash register. My friend came out right after I did, I told her what happened and between the 2 of us, we got their license plate number. We went back in, asked both workers if they had cashed someone out with an Ott light and they both said no. I told them they had been taken and gave them the license plate number. You know, we all end up paying in the end for stuff like that.

Which JoAnn's; New Slaughter or North Mopac? I live south and frequent that store! That scares me but since there is no cure for this sewing habit I will be back, and actually have been and didn't know a thing about it. Good for you!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:27 AM

But don't they have the arch security thing at the door? I was wondering how in the heck could they gotten away with that big box & all? Once at christmas i's seen some young guys open their tee shirt at the car next to me(hadn't gotten out of car yet) and dump some things out and go back into the store, so i peeked at the window and promptly told the security guy who told some employees and followed them around to catch them doing it again and yep...got caught then! The items? Boxer, tee shirts, socks! Sad what people go thru nowadays!