Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Thread Cutter for Sewing Machine? >

Thread Cutter for Sewing Machine?

Thread Cutter for Sewing Machine?

Old 04-16-2020, 11:11 AM

Default Thread Cutter for Sewing Machine?

I am looking for a computer sewing machine that will cut the thread automatically, as well as thread the needle automatically. Any recommendations? We have so few sewing machine dealers around here that buying a new machine is just not the same as it was with a great dealer who provided classes and support. My Pfaff dealer in Dallas retired, and I miss her. I will still keep my 7570, but I do covet a machine that will auto-cut the thread.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

My Bernina 770 has that feature and I love it. The needle threader is awesome too, although not fully automatic, it's easy as pie.
I absolutely love my Bernina!
Old 04-16-2020, 12:51 PM

My friend gave me her Bernina 820 and bought the 770 and loves it. The 820 also has thread cut and I love it, unfortunately for me the Bernina needs to go to the shop. I'm very happy with the threader, some machines I hear get out of kilter. Even my bottom of the line cheapo Brother's threading assist is better than anything my vintage machines have.

I've seen reports of other machines and complaints about how much thread the auto cutters leave, not the Bernina! I have no need to go back and track down threads at the end of the project.

My current project is a Lemoyne Star and I'm setting in the corners and the triangles using my portable class machine, I am missing that thread cutter so much right now...

I also like the knee peddle for foot up/down, my friend who gave me the machine never used that. With the 820 you can also use the foot pedal to stop with needle up or down, I like that too. The Bernina has buttons that can be used too but they are hard for me to read while it is easy for me to tap my foot or swing my knee!
Old 04-16-2020, 05:13 PM

My Pfaff Performance Icon has an automatic needle threader--push a button and it threads itself. My favorite feature on the machine!
Old 04-17-2020, 03:24 AM
Power Poster

I love my Juki F600 with cutter, threader, and knee lift. And the price was great.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:35 AM

Babylock Aria has auto needle threader, auto thread cutter, and knee lift. Just push buttons, love it, and way cheaper than my Husqvarna Vikings,which have the auto features, no knee lift because the foot raises at the end of the stitching, but expensive.
Old 04-19-2020, 04:21 AM

My Elna Pro Quilters Dream has a thread cutter, it's about 12 years old, so I don't know what the newer models are called or numbered.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:05 AM

My girlfriend purchased a Neechi EX100 for her portable quilting needs. It is on my radar. Great little machine has a thread cutter, needle threader and a magnifying glass that swings out. She paid $800 which I thought was a great price for all the things that little machine can do.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:17 AM

My inexpensive Brothers that came from Walmart has an automatic thread cutter and a semi-automatic threader. A great second machine to take on trips with me.