Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Three winners powerball

Three winners powerball

According to CNN money, none of three will have to pay state tax . California exempts lottery
    Wins. Tn and Fl do not have state tax. Net amount after federal is 187.2 million each.

The article was just posted a few minutes ago though.

Wow! Congratulations to the winners.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Apparently there was a ticket sold in my town that had 5 of the 6 winning numbers, that winner will get $660,000 according to our local paper. Wish it was me!! That's not enough for me to be able to quit working, but it'd sure help fluff up the retirement fund!

Oh well, it was fun to dream of what to do with that kind of money. In reality, if I won the big jackpot I'd probably drop dead from a heart attack from the shock and excitement! LOL

I hope the winners are able to do some good things with their newfound wealth.

Blog Entries
    When the jackpots get that big, I wish they'd break it into multiple smaller jackpots!! Boy, are their lives going to change!!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Blog Entries
    I live in NY and there is a lottery tax of 24%, then two others of 7% & 8%, you get left with half f it but half of a million is better than nothing to me.
    Those poor people, if they don't handle it right...kidnappings and all that. I wish them all luck and happiness with all that money. Think of the things they can do. All the fabric and patterns and embroidery machines and such.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I use to go grocery shopping at the Walmart in Chino Hills. It is a very nice upper middle class community. Their lives have changed forever.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort