Thyroid Cancer

Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 PM

You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Golly, look at all the support you are getting here? Wonderful.

Now I have a question if someone can answer it or I will Google it. I am allergic to iodine. Since the treatment involves iodine from what I am reading, how would one deal with that?
Old 09-09-2010, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Golly, look at all the support you are getting here? Wonderful.

Now I have a question if someone can answer it or I will Google it. I am allergic to iodine. Since the treatment involves iodine from what I am reading, how would one deal with that?
Good question. I don't know. I am allergic to seafood and someone told me it might be the iodine in it. Most salt has some iodine in it, that doesn't bother me.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:48 PM

My Aunt had thyroid cancer many, many years ago and is now 87. She had the thyroid removed and takes medication for it and is doing great. Good luck to you.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:03 PM

Honey, so glad you are pleased with your care. My Gran had it at 51 and lived unfettered for another 30 years. Wishing you the best.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honey
Has anyone ever had thyroid cancer? I was diagnosed about a month ago and had to have a thyroidectomy. I just wondered if you have ever known it to spread? I'm not really worried about it, just more curious than anything. I have to have some radiation as soon as my tsa levels are where they need to be. They told me that if I have to have cancer, this is the best one to have.
Hello, my only DD was diagnosed 11 years ago. She had surgery and they told her it was benign. Went back 3 weeks later to have stitches removed and they told her there was an error in diagnosis. She had treatment for a year and then they went and operated again and removed the thyroid. Praise the Lord, she has been cancer free for 10 years. Our best wishes to you. The doctor (at the #3 cancer hospital in the country) told us, "If you have cancer, this is the least invasive and least aggressive cancer there is." You will have to take thyroid medication for the rest of your life, but it is worth it and life is good. GOD Bless