Tide Pods

Old 03-26-2012, 03:42 AM

I looked at them.....seems like they figured out a way to repackage an already expensive product and make it even more expensive. I'll save my money and buy more fabric.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:55 AM
Banned

I get an e-mail from Tide occasionally. They were offering a free sample of the pods. You had to "like" them through Facebook to get it. I'm not into social media so that ended it.
You might try Tide's website to see if the offer is still available.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:13 AM

I use nothing but Tide. MY husband is a landscaper and my son is a mechanic. Nothing else get my stuff clean. We also break out in rashes from various other detergents. I got tired of trying other brands I had to give away because of skin allergies. I got a sample pack of 3 of the pods and they seemed to work well. I have a front loader with a detergent dispenser and there was noting left in there when the load was done. I would buy them again if they aren't more expensive.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by ragquilter View Post
I don't use the Tide ones as Tide breaks almost everyone in the house out. I am using a bag of the Arm and Hammer ones that I bought at Dollar General for $7 for a 50 pack. I really like them, clothes are clean and I haven't found any signs of undissolved detergent. I really like them because of arm problems, not heavy like liquid.
Most of my family is allergic to Tide also. I can only use Cheer Free,All Free and Clear or Purex Free. I like the liquid type best.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by ragquilter View Post
I don't use the Tide ones as Tide breaks almost everyone in the house out. I am using a bag of the Arm and Hammer ones that I bought at Dollar General for $7 for a 50 pack. I really like them, clothes are clean and I haven't found any signs of undissolved detergent. I really like them because of arm problems, not heavy like liquid.
I found a solution to the heavy liquid soap problem after shoulder replacement surgery. By moving things around a bit I discovered that I could put my liquid soap in the cupboard above my washer. (top loader thank God!) Then I set up one of those huge jugs that has the faucet type dispenser. Now I open my washer top, push the little dispenser knob and let the soap flow into the washer. I also learned my clothes get clean without using as much soap as the manufacturer suggests. I can buy smaller jugs of liquid soap and fill the large jug from them. Easier, cheaper, no heavy lifting and I feel so smart!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Power Poster

Tide Pods are gel so the dissolving isn't an issue. I bought a package of the Arm and Hammer pods to use on non clothing misc laundry. Waiting for Woolite pods!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:55 PM

I saw that on the news the other day! Could you imagine someone coming up to you on the street, opening their coat, and asking if you want to buy some tide, cheap?!

Just couldn't stop laugh LMAO!!!!!!! can't get the image out of my head

Last edited by tatavw01; 03-28-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:44 AM

I found a sample pack of 10 "ALL" packs and really like them. I am planning on using them when we travel.