Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Time Zones - Who is REALLY online so early?

I leave my computer on and sometimes its on this site LOL
    As for am I up at 4 in the morning......OH YEAH when you work 5 pm - 5 am. 4 am is when I am finishing up after the last group of calving.

i'm up at 2 am for work in CST, Texas, and usually check email, and all the forums i'm on!!!!

is there a limit to the time we stay 'online' even though we aren't logged out.

like if we went to sleep and haven't conversed for an hour, do we go offline? or some other time limit? i never log out, but i'm not always at my computer either.

EDIT: and can it just say 4:35 pm? or 11:12 am?

If it says that it's 2:00 am my time, that means I'm actually up. I roam alot at night. I might get up at 3:00 am and then I'm done for the night. Damn that pre-menopause.....Good thing we're all in different time zones and I have someone to talk to.

I leave mine on all the time and I'm probly not up at 4am!! I like my beauty rest..... :roll: :-D

Quote Originally Posted by patty48
    If it says that it's 2:00 am my time, that means I'm actually up. I roam alot at night. I might get up at 3:00 am and then I'm done for the night. Damn that pre-menopause.....Good thing we're all in different time zones and I have someone to talk to.
    i like being on an international site because of the time differences, even if no-one else is online, there's always something new to read about and reply to

I usually forget to logoff, I go online at work during the week and sometimes in the evenings at home. Friday,and Saturday nights I may stay on this site until 2 AM or so. I like to stay up late and sleep until 8-8:30 AM, Husband,dogs and cats like daybreak best. We are on CST.

so if we forget to log off, does it happen automatically after a certain amount of time, or keep us online forever?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    so if we forget to log off, does it happen automatically after a certain amount of time, or keep us online forever?
    I don't ever log out or sign off, but does it (PC) go to sleep. I start checking in as early as 6am. When I'm on that early I like to see where people are from that are also on.

Blog Entries
    I am a restless sleeper. I go to bed by 9 central time, but then wake up at midnight. Lots of times I'm on until noon, then nap until 2 in the aft. And the cycle begins again. I have lots of night sweats due to Coumadin. I love talking to all my quilty buddies all over the world, I also love to sew all night, when I am well.

It is 3:18AM and I am on the computer playing because I worked 7P to 7A the last three nights. It is hard to get switched around when I'm off.

. thanks to hot flashes, my body/brain schedule has changed radically. they wake me up about every two hours, almost like clockwork.

Hi Patrice welcome to our world.

I often say: "if the cancer didn't kill me these hot flushes will surely do the job!!!" It is murder - but on the other hand I blame everything I do that is wrong on menopause!!!! (i.e. loss of memory etc) he he he

enjoy day, ciao

I'm usually up 48 hours at a time. I don't sleep unless I take a sleeping pill so I just keep going like a timex watch. Usually, I am quilting and I usually check in here a couple of times during the night. Lately I have been quilting and watching the Olympics. I get lots of things done during the night. When my children were little, I used to do this and go grocery shopping, clean my house, do laundry, and bake bread or other goodies for the next day. It works for me

Blog Entries
    I'm up, too. Hot flashes, chills, etc. I like early mornings anyway. I love to sip coffee and watch the sun rise. Good morning, ya'll.

I got up at 3:15 this morning. Sometimes, it's the only time I get to be on here.

I finally went to bed at 3:30. Needed a break. I have a really hard time sleeping. My first husband used to beat me while I was asleep. After 5 years of that, I get very scared of the dark. I actually sleep best from about 4:30 to noon, when it is a bit light outside.

I have one more panel to put on my IRR quilt and it will be ready to mail! Later night owls, Gwyn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2