Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tired

Talking Tired

I am tired, in the last 2 days have made Swedish 3 Layer Bars, Snickerdoodles, and 3 kinds of Truffles (chocolate-peppermint, chocolate-peanut butter and Golden Coconut) I remember doing so much more of this stuff when I was younger but now I poop out a lot faster. But the end result is worth it, now to just not eat it all.
    Juliebelle

Blog Entries
    I'm tired just reading what you have made!!!!
    When life gives you scraps, make a quilt.

Blog Entries
    I'll be right over to help you clean up. May I sample the goodies as I wash?

I understand. I used to bake tons of cookies and make candies too. Started baking yesterday, only made Mexican Wedding Cakes and Dream Cookies. Then I got a stomach ache (did I sample too many) and quit. So far today I have made Peanut Butter and Caramel Cups (you bake peanut butter cookies in mini muffin pans, then when done press an indentation into the center. Melt caramels with a little water and spoon into cookie depressions. That was where the recipe ended, but I put a three or four chocolate chips on top while still hot and once it was melted spread over the caramel and then topped with chocolate sprinkles.) I still plan on making chocolate fudge, chocolate dipped peanut brittle and chocolate crinkle cookies today. That's the plan and I'm sticking to it!!!

Blog Entries
    Me too! Over the past week, I've made pinwheel cookies, pumpkin spice cookies, two different spritz cookies, orange glazed cookies, gingersnaps, chocolate kiss cookies, 2 batches of almond roca, p'nut butter fudge, raspberry/chocolate fudge, 2 batches of p'nut brittle...have more to get done before the 17th!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    OMG, all this makes me tired but I could go happily with death by chocolate!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a lot of work, but I am sure it will be greatly appreciated!

I'm only making peach crisp for this Sat., for Christmas Eve I will make 2 loaves of Pumpkin Bread and Cinnamon Rolls, like my Mom made many, many years ago. Daughter makes several kinds of cookies and shares with us.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I did the same thing on Sunday...then over slept this morning and was 20 min late to work. oh well...makes up for the times I stay late. lol
    Friends are the most important ingredient in the recipe of life.

I want a cookie.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

All sounds great, I haven't even started I have a birthday party to cater for first. Yummy, wish I was there to do taste test.
    Carolyn

Doing chocolate chips and that's it this year. I'm buying my sugar cookies. Don't kniow if these are local or not but we have cookies made by Otterbein Bakery. They're so thin and crisp, better then I make. You buy them in a bag at your food store. A little expensive but so worth it. I'm also doing chocolate covered pretzels.

Blog Entries
    I totally understand. Normally I have always made tons of stuff to give out. I'm not doing it this year; I've cut way back. My kids will still get thier goodies, you can't cut into the tradition that we've made over the years. Last night I stayed up and made miniture spumonte cakes and got up early this morning to make Rachael Ray's 10 min fudge for my quilting friends that get together every other week to applique blocks. I will make for a few more the cake, the fudge and of course I have to make biscotti but I've shortened my distribution list by alot. I'm making this holiday as stressless as possible. I already have a built in stress with it being my first Christmas as a single person so I'm not adding to that by pushing myself. I want to enjoy the holidays this year. My shopping is done and I'm finishing off a few embroidery items and that's it unless I decide to do something else because I want to not because I feel I have too. I hope everyone enjoys thier holidays this year.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Holy smokes! Is it really that close to Christmas?! Our weather is so unbelievably warm that I am totally out of the holiday vibe. I'm pretty sure it will be a last minute kind of season!

I understand....I am trying to convince myself to get started on mine...the mind is willing, but the body is telling a different story. I'm the only one in the family that will bake anymore. My sister only buys the already made up cookies that she only has to bake....and complains about how much work they are. lol
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Blog Entries
    OK, now I feel like a slacker! My ability to bake cookies ends with snickerdoodles, or a bar cookie. If I ever made sugar cookies, I pooped out before I got them Iced. It's just not my thing. Except for the eating!!
    I do usually make pumpkin bread, peanut butter fudge, and chocolate fudge. I have made a fruitcake in the past. Sometimes It is hard to buy all the makings, and I can purchase a "fair" one for little $$.
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

Blog Entries
    Were mine lost in the mail (rof). Thanks for sharing; hope you are rested now!!
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Power Poster
    Sounds yummy! I'm tired just thinking about Christmas baking and I haven't even started yet.