Today is scream day.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:51 AM

Today is obvious a scream day! My M2 (moluccan cockatoo) the pretty peach cockatoo in the photo with me. there are days that I wish they made a parrot MUZZLE! Today is it. It is breeding season for the majority of parrots right now. thank God only have another month in it. and no I do not breed parrots these are personal pets.

Fluffy M2 terrorizing the extra bed. He is 19 yrs old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47712[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47712.jpe  
Old 04-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Power Poster

Well....I just bet that bed has duly been put in its place :lol: :lol:
Old 04-07-2010, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Moppet
Today is obvious a scream day! My M2 (moluccan cockatoo) the pretty peach cockatoo in the photo with me. there are days that I wish they made a parrot MUZZLE! Today is it. It is breeding season for the majority of parrots right now. thank God only have another month in it. and no I do not breed parrots these are personal pets.
Nature will prevail, won't it?! How about ear plugs? For you, not the parrot! Beautiful bird!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:56 AM
Pam

I miss having birds, but I live out in the country now and have barn cats, and they are always slipping into the house as it is.... If one got after my bird, it would be a dead barn cat! I would dearly love to have a parrolet!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:10 AM

lol the only time it bothers me with the screaming is when I have a nasty headache like this morning. usually when I tell them I have one they stay quite most the day. I got him distracted for the moment. hubby thinks I am nuts I talk to them. if I leave the house I tell them that I am and where I am going and that I will see them later. tell the dogs the same thing. Parrots understand what you tell them more than people think. my blue and gold, sydney. she loves to get on the floor when I am in there. if I do not want her down I tell her to stay on her cage. now this is pending him not being in the house! most of them will chase him down to a room he can close the door on them to protect himself. lol I think it is partly that the bigger the beak the more afraid of them he is. Like the dr yesterday asked me how I got the nasty bruise on my arm. no skin broke. sydney was playing with me on the floor and reached over and nipped me. course now the doctors should be use to it. owning a parrot you must realize you will be bitten. not an option. it is how you react and handle the issue. sydney she is a re home with me for about 5 yrs now. she loves to mouth my hands. now she has the power of close to 1200 lbs of pressure with that big beak and she could snap my wrist into. I have had some nasty bites from her and the 3 cockatoos. not long ago, merlin my umbrella almost bit through the fleshy pad part under the thumb, only because hubby kept interrupting his private time with mommy. and he could not get to him to bite him so he took it out on the nearest person, me.

if out of sight of them I have several that holler Becca over and over again til I go in there and tell them to stop as I have stuff to do. sydney will get them going just so she can tell them to shut up. and by name at that.
got to go.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Pam

I talk to my pets, too. 3 house dogs, a couple of barn cats and 6 horses. I drive my horses and they respond to voice commands, so I KNOW they are listening.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Our neighbor has one of those beasties in an aviary and THAT is one NOISY bird.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

OMG, better keep a bottle of asprin handy. LOL
Old 04-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

It's times like that when I am so glad that humans (well - most of them anyway) are on a different program than the animals. Can you imaging if we ran around screaming our "readiness"????? That would make for some interesting talk at the water cooler. lol

Add sniffing the butt as a greeting .......
Old 04-07-2010, 10:04 AM

If it's scream day for the parrot, can we all join in, too?