Todays Dr. App

Old 05-31-2011, 03:47 PM

I went for my three month check up today. I have the most socialable Dr. ever. As we were chatting she asked me if I ever use old material for quilts, (used material). I told her I have been hitting the thrift stores and starting to build a stash of mens shirts. She is from India and asked me if I knew what, (I didn't understand what she said) was. I told her no, well it turns out she was talking about the clothes she wears, and was wondering if I would be offended if she brought some into the office to go through, and not to feel obligated, but I could have what I wanted. She said they were 6 yds, each, and mostly cotton ones. Anyway she is going to dig out the ones she doesn't wear anymore and bring them innto the office and have them call me when she does. What an awesome DR. I have. Maybe I will make her a quilt for Christmas out of the material
Old 05-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

Isn't that wonderful!!!! What a nice doctor you have :D:D
Old 05-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

I am amazed at the fabric sources we find. Be sure to show us what you get:)
Old 05-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, that is awesome have fun creating a quilt

Originally Posted by timepasser
I went for my three month check up today. I have the most socialable Dr. ever. As we were chatting she asked me if I ever use old material for quilts, (used material). I told her I have been hitting the thrift stores and starting to build a stash of mens shirts. She is from India and asked me if I knew what, (I didn't understand what she said) was. I told her no, well it turns out she was talking about the clothes she wears, and was wondering if I would be offended if she brought some into the office to go through, and not to feel obligated, but I could have what I wanted. She said they were 6 yds, each, and mostly cotton ones. Anyway she is going to dig out the ones she doesn't wear anymore and bring them innto the office and have them call me when she does. What an awesome DR. I have. Maybe I will make her a quilt for Christmas out of the material
Old 05-31-2011, 03:55 PM

Awesome! I bet they are beautiful fabrics!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:55 PM

ooo, I'll bet they are beautiful.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:57 PM

I imagine the fabrics will be beautiful!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:13 PM

If they r saris your going to be thrilled!! Socolorful!!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:21 PM

Those sari fabrics can be amazing, what a great opportunity!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by timepasser
My, oh MY I'm green with envy!!!