Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Tonight's winter storm frustration >

Tonight's winter storm frustration

Tonight's winter storm frustration

Old 02-02-2011, 02:19 AM

I live in In. also. Welcome. Hope you get you motivation back. We all have been there and done that. Good luck.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Banned

We are just winding down the storm. Last night we got over 15 inches in about 7 hours...ugh
Old 02-02-2011, 07:21 AM

On monday i had to go to boston and stayed with my sister on the south shore near plymouth ma. My plans were to leave that area before 10 am to return home to NH. The storm supposedly was not due til noon. Easy ride I thought (2Hours). got up at 8 and low and behold 5 inche already. Headed out by myself for the ride home, nothing was even plowed. no need to share how scared I was without DH, how I was slipping all over, that in some towns it was freezing rain my wipers has ice chunks on them and cleared only 6 inches of my windshield....stopped 3 times to chipthe ice away. the further north I came the softer the snow, the white out blizzard, the less I could see. 5 yes 5hours later I pulled into our snowfilled lane and into abut 7 inches of snow in the driveway. But I am happy I am here. Today it is sleeting and windy, and we are expecting about 18 more inches of snow. yay I can plan and cut and sew.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Maia B
I'm in it with ya! Poor African husband shoveling every few hours, wondering how he got himself into this. Kinda like when I'm washing clothes in a bucket on " vacations" over there. Just hope it clears up before I have to go to work tomorrow evening. I'm a nurse, we never close!
Maia, thanks for the lift you gave me! I'm picturing the two of you pondering the "situations," and it brought a smile to my face. I'd be like your "Poor African husband" and wonder how I got myself into that. I really don't like the cold, especially when it comes with all that ice and snow. And I wouldn't like to do laundry that way either.

Stay warm.