Too sick to quilt??

Old 03-19-2011, 04:14 AM

Yes I do know how you feel! maybe I will feel like quilting today, and maybe it will get me out of my doldrums!!

and hope you are feeling good today
Old 03-19-2011, 07:22 AM

Get well soon. You shouldn't be sick on your quilting time...
Old 03-19-2011, 10:36 PM

This is one nasty bug. I have had it off and on since Dec.I am really tired of it. Blessings to you and get well soon.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:55 PM

It really is a nasty bug going around all over. My DDIL has been sick off and on now since October. Hope you get feeling better soon! Take care of yourself and you will hopefully be back quilting very soon.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:30 PM

Feel your pain. Been there, felt like that and only recently too.
I do a lot of hand applique and that's what I resort too when I am wiped out.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:07 AM

"Guess I'll go back to crying in my mint tea"

well then please make me a cup of that tea too...its been almost 6 weeks since I caught this crud and have had no desire to do a thing...please let this pass soon.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
Don't mean to bring you down, but be glad you don't feel like that all the time! We folks that have the illness misnamed CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) feel like that 24/7 365 days a year. Most of us started off with what seemed a regular flu. A lot of us tried to "push thru" as we didn't want to give in to illness. Please take care of yourself and don't push too hard. It can be self-defeating.

I hope that none of you who are ill now are cursed with CFS.
Thats exactly how I feel and yes a tad worried.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:19 AM

Happy, forget about the quilting for now and get yourself well. I've found out that if I push myself to much, I not only get nothing much accomplished but end up making a mess of what ever I do.
Take care and rest!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Originally Posted by greenini
Don't mean to bring you down, but be glad you don't feel like that all the time! We folks that have the illness misnamed CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) feel like that 24/7 365 days a year. Most of us started off with what seemed a regular flu. A lot of us tried to "push thru" as we didn't want to give in to illness. Please take care of yourself and don't push too hard. It can be self-defeating.

I hope that none of you who are ill now are cursed with CFS.
Thats exactly how I feel and yes a tad worried.
I have been MIA.....I peek at my watched topics but by the time I am done reading & catching up I am to tried to respond. I take more naps then a 2 year old. I will have 2-3 good days where I feel maybe the old me is finally returning only to be so tired the next 3-4 days I have a hard time just doing what needs to be done. I keep hoping the old me is still in there somewhere.
Just wanted to pop in & say HI.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:53 AM

Hello all: RE: the copied post below... I understand exactly what you are talking about. I have COPD as well as CFS and a few other 'lil problems' health wise. I am constantly exhausted and spend 90 % of my day on my 'sitter'. I do hand stitching and quilting and family genealogy> My DH and my aide does everything else. I am working toward starting a quilting class in the next few weeks. Thankfully my studio is large enough to hold between 4 to 6 ladies at the same time. Take care of yourselves and My God bless each and everyone of you with better health.