Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Toothbrush rug

Toothbrush rug

Has anyone made the toothbrush rug. I have watched several you-tube videos. Had no problem doing the first row. Haven't been able to do the second row as shown on video. Trying to find ideas to work on while recuperating from knee replacement surgery and I was hoping that could be one. Sewing room in basement. Sew I need ideas that don't need my sewing machine.

I have made a lot of toothbrush rugs. I find them very relaxing to make. I used different tutorials when I was learning and found "The Sewing Bird Toothbrush Rug" instructions the easiest to follow. They are no longer online but I can send you copy of the instructions if you PM me your address. Susanna

Sorry to but in but I have been looking for this also. I am having Knee replacement on Jan 14 and would love to have these instruction also. Would you do this for me also?
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Hi dharen, I found this link last week, https://thelibrary.org/lochist/perio...weet/sp81g.htm.
    I made a toothbrush rug a few years ago and have lost my original pattern.
    I haven't tried this one yet so I hope it works.
    Liz

Thanks for that link, bluekitty. I couldn't imagine what a "toothbrush rug" could be!

Thanks for the link, bluekitty as I did not know what a "toothbrush rug" was and I was ever so curious. LOL
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

I ironed my strips, since its a wild color and not on both sides, like the one video suggested. Changed my one strip to a brighter color so I can see where I put the hook through. Can't wait to start it, where it actually looks like something. Sewingsuz, let me know how you are doing. Mine is the first wk of Feb.

Sorry I don't know about the toothbrush rug..I am her for searching a new arrival rug of orian rug did any one know about it so, please let me know..... Thanks.

dharzen&, you may want to consider stick weaving as anohter thing to keep your hands busy. it takes very lttile space is easy, ( once you get past the first couple of rows) and you can make scarves or mug rugs, or other things if you want. Sticks can be purxhased or made. I rub mine over candles to smooth them a bit and put a lot more on my sticks than this lady does.. but hers is a decent video. I'd look for others if you are serious.https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...620A&FORM=VIRE

Name:  stick weave  loaded b.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  581.5 KB starting with 6 or less sticks is recommended.
    "Sacrifices must be made." Otto Lilienthal

Dowels are about 1/4 x 7 inches.Name:  threaded stick weaving b.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  396.6 KB Starting takes a bit of sorting out. Variegated yarns make stripe patterns.
    "Sacrifices must be made." Otto Lilienthal

sewingsuz ,How are you doing after your knee surgery. I am miserable. All I do is sleep. I don't know why I thought I would be able to do anything. Found a pattern on Pinterest to make scarves with yarn wrapped in a piece of cardboard. Unable to sit up for long,can't get the swelling down. Hopefully you are up walking and sewing. At least four more weeks to get to sewing room. Leonf, thanks for another idea to keep busy

I couldn’t get the hang of the toothbrush rug from the pattern. Hope to find someone to show me someday.