Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Trip to AZ!! Did some serious sewing!!

Blog Entries

Trip to AZ!! Did some serious sewing!!

Spent nearly 3 weeks in Phoenix area with sisters and dad. Went to the Quilt and Craft show at the Phoenix State Fairgrounds. It was really great! The International Festival was the next week, but we didn't go to that one. I spend way too much money when I go to them! LOL Anyway, went to Joannes a couple of times and the "Sew-n-Vac" LQS once. Actually, twice. Went to one and she told us about the "other" one that was much bigger, so we went there, too! My sister had the nerve to tell everyone, I had to touch every single piece of fabric in the store! LOL What can I say? I like fabric!! We made my sister a couple of tops, a skirt, several scarves and a necklace. Oh, and we made her, my neice and a friend pin cusion/scrap bags for next to sewing machines. So she made out pretty good from those trips. LOL!! Love ya sis!! Made step mom a blouse and 2 scarves. Got some sewing in, yeeehaaa!! I might have even convince my sister to start quilting. Got the other one last year. LOL
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Phoenix. I went to the Quilt and Craft show too...and live only a mile from the 35th Ave Sew and Vac. Love that store. Hard to walk out without buying lots of goodies.

Oh, so happy to hear your enjoyed your visit. That is a fun show to attend...lots or quilting and excitement.

Judy in Phx, AZ

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. I love family time, and making memories. Have a sister in Oregon, I visit every year. We always have a great time, and do lots of sewing. I cherish our time together.

Sounds like you had a great visit. The warmth was probably pretty nice too.
    I try to not go around fabrics as I always find different fabrics that I like. I'm trying to use up my scraps and stash, not likely to happen.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I moved away from Phx. over a year ago. Do miss 35th ave Sew and Vac and the shop at 59th ave and Northern. Mulqueens I think it is called. The fabrics were all $6.99 a yd.

Sounds like a wonderful time!
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Power Poster
    Glad you enjoyed your trip...

uh oh. Leaving for phx tomorrow. short trip but I may have to check out at least one of these shops!

Blog Entries
    For some reason I thought it was that shop I went to last time out there. It was a shop with $6 fabric throughout! Can't remember where it was.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Visit the "Three Dudes" if you have a chance. Drink a cup of Coffee or glass of ice tea, try the cookies, too...while you shop. They are very nice and helpful.