Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
troubleposting pictures--under "pictures" troubleshooting >

troubleposting pictures--under "pictures" troubleshooting

troubleposting pictures--under "pictures" troubleshooting

Old 03-12-2011, 10:51 AM

Dear Troubleshooting and posting pictures.
I am having a terrible time posting pictures to our thread of "Group 3--Three's a Charm." I have copied the directions under "how to post a picture."
I have a Dell XPS System, which was new just last December'10. I know it can be done, as I was getting pretty good at it in January.
However, now I don't know what I am doing wrong, or what the problem is.
I did go back and do as said in that link; If the picture didn't go through. click "Add new attachment," and try adding your image file again. It didn't help.
I do know that "browse" will turn Blue after clicking it and going to my pictures to find the file.
I have checked, and am doing just as the helps in "how to post a picture.".
Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
Send PM
Thank You.
Mariah/
Martha Tompkins
Old 03-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

hmmmm.; i just click on browse below this, then find my file of photos in my computer. open that and click once on the photo i want to attach,then click Open. that puts it in the browse area and when you finish your posting you click send. or add attachment if you are adding a photo again.

my second attachment
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129960[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-129955.jpe  
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2011, 01:37 PM

Thanks for your email. I have gone over what my steps were to posting.
As far as I can tell from comparing yours with my steps, that is what I have been doing. However, I am going to try again this eve.
I didn't know until a good friend told me earlier today that when the picture doesn't go through you have to go back right then to click "add new attachment." So, I have 2or 3 attempts on my thread which can't be removed and show due to not knowing.
Thanks, and I will get back with you. I hope after copying your steps, that there is something simple I have just forgotten. As I said, I did it fine earlier. Now it is not working for me.
Thanks, Mariah.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:44 PM
MTS
Banned

If the path for the picture is showing up, then I'd guess you're hitting PREVIEW before hitting SEND. Don't do that. ;-)
That deletes the picture information and it needs to be added again.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:53 PM

Dear MTS;
Thanks for your pm. No, I know I'm not hitting "preview." I had had that pointed out quite sometime ago.
I am going to try posting 2 pictures and see what happens. If it comes up "empty" again, I am going to call Dell Support-again.
We were having problems about a month after getting the new computer. They troubleshot several times, then we said we wanted something done. So, they put in a new Motherboard. I have only posted successfully once. I asked it to show 2 posts; it showed one and that was it.
Since then, I have not had any good results. We think this problem might related to the new motherboard in some way. When they installed that, they did that because they couldn't find anything else to do, except to declare it an inferior piece of machinery. We would have been without a computer for some time, which we didn't want. So, sometimes things can't be explained. This situation, for one.
Thanks for listening!
Mariah.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:41 PM
MTS
Banned

Can you attach a picture to an email? Because I can't imagine the upload process would be much different. Or upload a pic to a site like Flickr or Webshots?
Bizarre.