TV Suggestions Needed

Old 04-01-2020, 06:42 AM

I've been a Survivor fan since the first Season, but I have never liked Sandra. That's all I'm going to say about this season in my non-spoiler way.

I didn't start watching Amazing Race until a few seasons, there are reasons why it wins more awards than Survivor but it's very different so maybe that makes it easier. I think it was up against Lost or something though... that's the usual reason I can miss really good shows is because I'm watching something else.

Oh dear, talking about Amazing Race brings up the "watermelon to the face" which has become a bit of a family meme. Easy to google. It's worth reading the full story.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Iceblossom- I am, quite frankly, addicted to baseball. I watch nearly every single Yankee game. I'm really going to miss that. Who knows when they will be able to play? But it is what it is.
I love audiobooks. I must go through 4-5 per week, no joke! I have Audible but get whatever I can from the digital library first.
But for me, Audible is awesome.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

DH is stubborn and won't cut the cable. I watch Amazon Prime, Netflix, Acorn, Britbox and PBS Masterpiece. I told him all his favorite channels have a streaming service but he wants his cable. My streaming bill is 1/4 of what his cable bill is. He is reading a book the whole time he watches tv. Makes no sense to me but he's happy. I have no favorite tv shows at the moment. I use to watch Project Runway and now the new version with Heidi and Tim is on Amazon Prime. Lots of reality type shows stream especially from other countries.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:37 AM

My current favorite is Homestead Rescue on discovery channel. If you like Life Below Zero you might like this too.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:44 AM

Default Britbox or Acorn??

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
DH is stubborn and won't cut the cable. I watch Amazon Prime, Netflix, Acorn, Britbox and PBS Masterpiece. I told him all his favorite channels have a streaming service but he wants his cable. My streaming bill is 1/4 of what his cable bill is. He is reading a book the whole time he watches tv. Makes no sense to me but he's happy. I have no favorite tv shows at the moment. I use to watch Project Runway and now the new version with Heidi and Tim is on Amazon Prime. Lots of reality type shows stream especially from other countries.
I love British shows! Have been trying to decide between these two. Which one do you prefer?
Old 04-01-2020, 09:54 AM

https://www.jigsawhealth.com/blog/wo..._hsmi=85566444

Great song for all of us stuck at home.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:04 AM

Thank heavens for audiobooks and digital books, am I right? My library has shut down but I can still check out books in my jammies.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:28 AM

We have been watching Bob Hearts Abishola. It's a fun new comedy. Other than that I keep up with all of the Dateline, 2020 and 48 Hours. My hubby watches news.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

Peckish, I second that. We can still get our books and audiobooks.
I'm with Onebyone on cable. My husband won't get rid of it and we watch about one hour a day (the news) That's it!
We have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and MLB. Those are what we watch.

However, it's not a deal breaker. As long as he doesn't mind paying for it I'm not going to worry about it.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:52 PM

Claire, Hubby has been watching Bob Hearts Abishola, it's ok. Doesn't really make me laugh but it's ok -- which is better than the comedies that annoy me.

Movie-wise we just watched Tag, that did make me laugh. I do like ensemble pieces.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2854926/

Masked Singer was finished before it was shut down, so no more worries on that. Hubby got one right! First one in 3 seasons.

About 5 out of the next 7 books I have coming off hold are non-fiction. Last night it was Humble Pi, A Comedy of Math's Errors
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39074550-humble-pi

Tonight I have a fiction, author I like but new-to-me series.

Still open for suggestions -- I need more input!