UGG boots

Old 11-05-2010, 10:34 AM

When shopping for UGGs be aware of counterfeits. Found this on an UGGs site. By the way I have read that in Australia UGG stands for a kind of boot, like hiking boots, as well as a brand and that other UGG boots may be ligitametly used but not what we are looking for. So to our wonderful Auzzie friends . . . yes or no? Give us the real low down on this.

What we're doing:

We employ the latest security measures to help ensure authenticity. Every authentic UGG® Australia product beginning with the Fall 2010 season* will come with two-layers of security: contained in a reflective security label and/or security sticker, allowing you to instantly authenticate genuine UGG® products.

Simply locate the reflective security sticker on the outside of your shoebox. The sticker is embedded with two distinct features.

To view the first feature, turn the sticker 90 degrees and make sure the sun logos change from black to white on the reflective strip. Second, look at the same sticker's reflective strip, turn it at an acute angle and verify that the UGG logo appears on the strip with some color reflecting.

If both security features perform as described, then you have an authentic UGG® Australia product.

If your product has a sewn in material content label it will also have a security label sewn in behind the label on the left boot or shoe and will work in the same manner as the sticker (note: if there is no sewn in label, a security sticker will be on the outsole of the left shoe).

We are dedicated to fighting this problem. UGG® Australia works with worldwide Customs authorities and various law enforcement agencies to spot and stop the shipment of counterfeit goods, preventing their sale and distribution. UGG® Australia also actively works to takedown any counterfeit websites, sponsored links, on-line auctions and trade board listings. We work with our various partners to investigate and conduct raids of factories producing counterfeit goods intended to deceive consumers.

* Please note that some "carry-over" styles may not contain the security label or sticker for a period of time.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:54 PM

Uggs are machine washable. I have my pair for about 25 yrs. When they get dirty I throw them in the washer with several towels and wash them. Then throw them in the dryer.
They come out just like new.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:29 PM

Uggs are great. My granddaughter has several pairs. One tip as they can cost alot of money at department stores. We are in the Denver area and buy them at the sheep skin store. They are much cheaper.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:06 PM

I have 2 pairs of them. They're great boot, alway keep my feet sooo warm. you could find here
eddiebauer.com and atheta.com they have some model is on sale now if you don't care the fashion.....happy hunting...
Old 11-05-2010, 09:45 PM

Australian "invention"....best place to buy? - AUSTRALIA of course. Just pop some in your bag on your next visit. However, I think some American company has bought the name.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:56 PM

Many of the ones we buy here in Australia are made in China,as are the Ugg Australia brand and only last a winter.
My long life ones (10 years)were from a factory in Adelaide, and cost about $90.00. They would have lasted longer but my sister wore them and stretched them, and put a hole in them. I will get another pair next winter, when I go visit the relatives in Adelaide.
http://www.bluesheep.com.au/ -
these guys are having a sale ATM - it is our summer here!
http://www.snugaustraliauggboots.com...FQbPbgodMjdpMQ
Ugh, Uggs, Uglies, Uggies, they are slippers, not hiking boots! Only the "rough types" wear them outside the house down here!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-06-2010, 03:31 AM

I love my UGGS! Winters in Canada are way too cold for this relocated Brit! but UGGS help. My husband sprayed they so many times to make sure they are waterproof but I do not wear them outside if conditions are very wet and slushy but they are the cosiest footwear every and IMHO worth every cent! lol
Old 11-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Banned

DID YOU KNOW? Poor sheep are killed to make Uggs.
DID YOU KNOW? Millions of sheep have been kill to make Uggs.
DID YOU KNOW? Ug was the original word for
them 200 years ago. It stands for "ugly" as they weren't made for fashion.
DIDYOU KNOW? It takes MULTIPLE sheep to make ONE pair of Uggs (about 8 smaller sheep).
DID YOU KNOW? Uggs aren't made in Australia. They are currently made in China from imported sheep
skins. Knowing all this, do you REALLY want to keep buying them
Old 11-10-2010, 08:39 AM

If you have a Sport's Chalet store, watch for their ad for clearance. They have really good prices then on nearly everything in the store
Old 11-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Banned

Sorry omitted this--------

https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=599]https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocac...rAction&id=599[/url] (petition)