Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unannounced Friends Visit this am

Unannounced Friends Visit this am

Looked out the kitchen door and to my surprise a few feathered friends dropped by unannounced.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire

So nice of you to host them! They probably appreciated the safe, clean water on their travels. Now - to go find them appetizers ...

how cute, reminds me of the Sopranos episode

They are cute but you might want to shoo them away now - they can make a real mess of your pool. (I grew up on a lake, so ask me how I know.) And if you feed them - they will invite their friends. Also, the chlorine is not good for them. Don't forget it i getting towards that time of year when they are looking to make a nest. Again very cute - but very messy.

I don't want to sound mean but I had many a days scrubbing the dock with a heavy broom. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    how cute, but what a mess they can leave.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Usually I would ONLY see pigeons when I lived in Orange County. Maybe it is just too cold where they are suppose to be and are enjoying the lovely weather we are having in So CA.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I hope you have a pooper scooper, ha ha. I used to have ducks, they sure are messy but fun.

What a nice surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
    They are cute but you might want to shoo them away now - they can make a real mess of your pool. (I grew up on a lake, so ask me how I know.) And if you feed them - they will invite their friends. Also, the chlorine is not good for them. Don't forget it i getting towards that time of year when they are looking to make a nest. Again very cute - but very messy.

I don't want to sound mean but I had many a days scrubbing the dock with a heavy broom. Good luck!
    After they left, I immediately went out ( followed by my 2 dogs) and inspected the yard and pool. No droppings found. I lucked out. I live between 2 lakes not sure why they decided to stop at my pool. Lol
    "I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire

Power Poster
    how neat!!!
    QUILTNMO

Blog Entries
    "Snow Birds?" lol

I love your guests, but am glad for you that they moved on. Today while looking at our birdfeeders, I saw at least a dozen female finches (identified by hubby) on the feeders. They haven't been here before, so I am not sure if they are traveling through or what. They wouldn't clear the feeders to let the redbirds have their morning snacks. Eventually, they filled up and moved out and then the redbirds took over. The finches were eating regular seed and the sunflower seed.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

That's so cute - but I do know they will make a mess. We used to have Canadian Geese by the office where I used to work and the bosses got so angry with the mess they left near the front door. We had several girls who would actually feed them and they were forced to stop but it didn't stop the night shift dispatcher - she fed them anyway.

Blog Entries
    And if any of them decide to stay around nesting time, they can really be a problem. 'Cause after they have made a nest and have eggs, the male can be very aggressive. Had to close off one entrance to the building where I use to work, as the male wouldn't let anyone near it.

How cute!!!!
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters & 1 grandson in law ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 1 black beauty now ~ Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

...and my pool is covered with snow!

They are so cute! Your a sweet person to let them take a break at your place. Thanks for posting.
    Sandra

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    They like their area to be nice and tidy too! And that's probably why they chose you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
    After they left, I immediately went out ( followed by my 2 dogs) and inspected the yard and pool. No droppings found. I lucked out. I live between 2 lakes not sure why they decided to stop at my pool. Lol

Well hello ducks, nice to see you. At my last house the ducks would occasionally stop in an say hello it always made me happy to see them but like you I'm happy to see them go.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Fun visitors! Hope it was a quick visit!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Cute!!! I used to occasionally get ducks in my pool too - I'd snap a picture then open the back door which would shoo them away, LOL.

Mostly we got frogs in our pool. In the spring I had to make sure to check the pool every morning before the filters kicked on or I'd find frog corpses in the filters. I love frogs so I enjoyed my morning frog-rescuing routine. Found at least one frog just about every morning, and a few times I caught a couple of them trying to spawn!

Lucky you to get to see them up close.
    People around lakes always gripe about the wild ducks making a mess. About like people moving by an airport then gripe about the noise.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    What a wonderful surprise. Maybe they just dropped in to make your day !!!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Ah yes, a dip in the cement pond before heading north!
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

Yummmmm! Dinner delivery!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast