Unrecognized birthdays

Old 07-17-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
. I even bought my yearly Pepperidge Farm coconut cake so I can celebrate with my dogs later tonight. .
Happy Birthday to you. I wish I were there to celebrate with you because I truly love Pepperidge Farm coconut cake. It's the best. Enjoy your cake.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:15 PM

~hug~ I'm sorry that your family is being thoughtless. I know that I'm not always the best at remembering special dates, but no one should have to spend their special day alone or celebrate only with their dogs!

You're a wonderful woman, and that your children aren't remembering just tells me that you spent many years making others the special people in your life, and little time demanding attention for yourself.

Call the neighbors and invite them to share your cake with you!! Then let the kids know that the neighbors came over for your birthday! Be subtle...it inflicts the most guilt!! ;)
Old 07-17-2010, 02:15 PM

Thank you all so much. When I was a kid my mother made me a pineapple upside down cake for my birthday; not remembering that was my brother's favorite. she said she didn't remember that I liked coconut cakes. My grandkids all have special cakes I make for them; one gets a soccer ball cake, one gets aBarbie Doll cake, this year it was a Hawaiian cake with Hula Barbies. Another gets a dog cake every year. Well, I treated myself to a new dishwasher this year. I am even paying extra to have them install it and take the old one away, instead of asking one of my boys to do it.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Pam

Happy birthday! My hubby always tells me when mine comes around, I forget.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:29 PM

It hurts my feelings too when my birthday is missed. I make sure that I always remember and acknowlege everyone's birthday. It really doesn't require too much time or effort to give a card/gift, and it means so much.

So Happy Birthday from me!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-75069.gif  
Old 07-17-2010, 02:33 PM

A very Happy Birthday from me!! Have a slice of your delicious cake for me. My dogs would love to share that cake too!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:37 PM

Happy Birthday! It is mine too...I must have that look on my face cause my family has been very nice....=)
Old 07-17-2010, 02:37 PM

Happy Birthday and yes I would get my feelings hurt. Hope getting all the birthday wishes from the board will cheer you up. Happy Birthday again.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:43 PM

My family is thoughtless, too. I solved the problem....I call MY mother on MY birthday and thank her (send her flowers) and on their birthday, I've let them know they need to thank ME! They don't...so I call them to remind them......I'm sure there's something of a naggy mother in me.....LOL LOL
Old 07-17-2010, 02:54 PM

A lot of folks have so few birthdays. I treat each one as a year that I am wiser. Go and do something special for yourself. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.