Unrecognized birthdays

Old 07-18-2010, 08:45 AM

Not at all. As far as I'm concerned a birthday is just another day of the week. I would be okay if everyone forgot it. My DH on the other hand sets great importance to birthdays and has been very upset in the past when I have forgotten his. One year he went out and bought himself a decorated cake from Walmart that said "Happy Birthday Melissa". Apparently "Melissa"s family/friends forgot the cake. I have tried to do better since then.
Originally Posted by grann of 6
Am I the only one who gets a little upset when my own family doesn't remember my birthday? My daughter-in-law even called me to see if I could baby-sit. But did she mention my BD? NO!!! She would be very upset if I missed hers or my granddaughters. I even bought my yearly Pepperidge Farm coconut cake so I can celebrate with my dogs later tonight. Yes, I am feeling a little sorry for myself, 69 or not.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:48 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that. I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters and all of us have internet, so when one remembers, the wishes go to the rest of us. We're scattered all over the states and that is something I don't advise of any family; however, if a company transfers you, you almost have to go - especially today. But ---

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY DEAR.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:53 AM

Happy Birthday!!! It's funny how neglected we feel when no one remembers to call. I try not to feel bad. I rememb"er my 44th birthday I spent in the hospital lucky to be alive. My daughter brought my favorite choc cake and I couldn't even taste it. But it was " the thought that was important". I hope your next one will be better.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:09 AM

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Well, my daughter redeemed herself today. She came over first thing this morning with her 2 boys (almost 19 & 16) and brought me a very good bottle of wine. I told all my kids no more tchotchkes unless they want them back when I am gone. She took time out before they leave to take my oldest grandson to orientation at Virginia Tech where he will be an engineering major; am very proud of him. I got lots of nice hugs. My oldest son & DIL & 2 kids are in Hawaii, and left me a gift on their dining room table to pick up when I feed the cats. They are bringing me stuff to make a Hawaiian quilt. That's when I will need everyone's help. I hate hand sewing!!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:46 AM

Happy Birthday, Darlin'. And you aren't alone in that department. Our youngest son asked us to babysit the baby so he and his girlfriend could get married in Reno on our anniversary.So, give yourself the best birthday ever by only doing things that make you real happy today or whatever day it is, was.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:37 AM

Are we sisters???? LOL. I'm 67 and going thru that right now with my kids!! Sew thankful that Jesus loves me and my church family is there to love me. I wish you a most blessed Birthday :-D
Old 07-18-2010, 10:38 AM

Happy Birthday to you! You are not alone. We are here for you!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:38 AM

Happy Birthday! We all wish you many more! Enjoy your cake with your dogs, animals are our truest friends!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:39 AM

No one ever remembers my Birthday. Our Anniversaey is in June. My Daughters Birthday is 2 days after mine. Thery Anniversaey is 2 days before my Birthday and Fathers Day comes in there also. So every one is two busey to remember dear old Mom.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:04 AM

Yes, this was the first time in 65 years no one remembered my birthday! But I sent off a graduation check and birthday checks just the same to family members. Don't expect a ticker tape parade, just a simple "Happy Birthday" would have been nice, from anyone. Next year I will start early warning everyone of my birthday. Happy Birthday to all! :cry: