Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Up/Re-cycling ordinary items >

Up/Re-cycling ordinary items

Up/Re-cycling ordinary items

Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 AM

empty tissue boxes area also great around the house for keeping stray coins, another for collecting used dryer sheets, etc. They're pretty so they don't look out of place anywhere you set them.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
I use the fat rubber bands from broccoli bunches to hold down the small sticky note pad I use to mark my accurate 1/4" seam allowance beside the presser foot.
Great idea, Jan. I have one of those fat rubber bands on the slick knob on my sewing machine (the one that manually runs the machine). I don't use that knob often, but, when I do, the rubber band gives me some grip.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Power Poster

The Tide Pods containers are great. Clear plastic, hinged lid, and come in two sizes. I glue yo yos to hide label. I'm not the type to save and reuse many throw- aways but I like the pod containers.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:03 AM

I store my Pigma pens in a mug, my number 5 and 8 balls of thread in a basket and I use a square empty tissue box to coral my roll binding when I am sewing it on. I just place the box on the floor near my right foot.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:24 AM
dd

Got sheets for Christmas last year. I reused the plastic zipper case they came in to hold my pineapple square while I'm making them. Got sheets for Christmas this year. Using the plastic zipper case to hold 2 1/2" squares for the quilt I'm working on now.
The fat rubberband from broccoli I keep with my hand quilting stuff. I use this when the needle gets stuck. I can pull it thru easier with that and don't have to buy those little red circles.
The heavy shoe boxes that sneakers come in, I have my cone threads in them. One box I'm using to hold the strips for the pineapple quilt. I only work on the pineapple when I don't have other things that need to be done. Taking a long time.
Have been using the case boxes from Girl Scout cookies for years to hold my patterns. Good thing it cookie time here, I need another box.