Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
UPDATE: ISO pillows, valium, duct tape, and sanity. Please send ASAP >

UPDATE: ISO pillows, valium, duct tape, and sanity. Please send ASAP

UPDATE: ISO pillows, valium, duct tape, and sanity. Please send ASAP

Old 08-31-2011, 03:25 PM

My DD has passed her written driving test!! :thumbup: She is now learning how to drive. :? I need pillows and duct tape to wrap her and the car. Valium is for her dad and I. LOL. I am so very proud of her. :thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup:
Old 08-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I know the feeling. My DD keeps bugging me to take her for the driving test but honestly I'm not ready eventho she is an excellent driver.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:31 PM

Thanks for reminding me of when our daughter got her license....LOL

Kat
Old 08-31-2011, 03:33 PM

LOL.... I still worry after years of safe driving but you have to let them fly!!! Look at it from their point of view, in a few years time they will probably be taking the keys away from me!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:38 PM

Hey, I prayed for big angels to guard my son when he started driving. One day, he was going to drive us to town. He backed up, a little fast, and forgot his dad's truck was parked in the curve of the driveway. When he applied the brake and hit the gravel, we slid and when I looked back at the truck, coming closer to the rear of the car; the biggest angel I have ever saw was holding the car back from the truck. (Now, I have not seen many angels but I know they are watching us. And that day my son needed one real bad.) We stopped within 2 inches of the truck.

Good luck!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

I can so relate! My daughter just got her driver's license a couple of hours ago!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:39 PM

Dh says that tranquilizers dart work wonders but I don't know if its for you or for your dd
Old 08-31-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
My DD has passed her written driving test!! :thumbup: She is now learning how to drive. :? I need pillows and duct tape to wrap her and the car. Valium is for her dad and I. LOL. I am so very proud of her. :thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup:
To this day, I don't feel safe riding in the car with any of my kids even though they are all in their 30's now. It must just be a phobia that I have is all I can figure. :) They are all good drivers though.

So now for your requests....Take the pillows off your bed and make sure to pad them on all sides of the car that you or hubby will be sitting. Make sure to have s CLEAN sock to stuff in your mouth as you sit in that passenger seat to prevent you from YELLING AT HER because she isn't "driving" the way you think she should be.
What do you want duct tape for? To tape your bums to the seat? Or is it to tape your hands together so that you dont reach over and grab the steering wheel or the gear shift and put it in park and not care what happened to the transmission. LOL Or is it to put over your mouth to keep the sock in there better?
As for the valium...I have some but I won't part with them sorry...you will have to fend for yourself...I suppose that you could have a drink or two PRIOR to riding with her and pretend that you are coming home from the bar and she is your designated driver. LOLOL
Old 08-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Oh Deanna you are so funny. I love it.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Oh Deanna you are so funny. I love it.
LOL I couldn't resist. Because I remember my kids learning to drive. I was only able to half way teach my one daughter and then I made her pull over and let me OUT OF THAT CAR or I was going to have a heart attack. All it was was just my anxiety. I don't recall ever having a panic attack that bad over something since. Now when I ride in a car with any of them, I'm holding on to dear life. So it definately has to be a phobia. None of them have ever been in an accident. So I don't know what my problem is. LOL