Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE on Lost Pup I found Sunday

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Well, here is a picture of "Buddy" this evening. He seems to have settled in here. My luck we will get very attached to him and then find his parents. But then he would be a happy pup.
    Ad runs tomorrow so hopefully his parents will be looking for it. I also road around my area to see if anyone put up flyers but did not see any. I know if it were my dog I would have flyers on every corner thru out the whole town.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Buddy looks like he is definitely settling in and could very easily be part of your family. You are a great person for giving Buddy a home even if it may be temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    Well, here is a picture of "Buddy" this evening. He seems to have settled in here. My luck we will get very attached to him and then find his parents. But then he would be a happy pup.
    Ad runs tomorrow so hopefully his parents will be looking for it. I also road around my area to see if anyone put up flyers but did not see any. I know if it were my dog I would have flyers on every corner thru out the whole town.
    I think he loves you!!!

I am sure he feels all the love you are giving him!

He is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a wonderful person!! :)

Did I miss a thread or did the information on his rabies tag not pan out? My old dog likes to wander off some times and twice now, people in the neighborhood have picked her up, called the veterinary clinic printed on her rabies tag and read off the serial # or registration # to learn that I am the owner.

Kindness and compassion are gifts beyond price. Thanks for what you're doing for Buddy.

Blog Entries
    God bless you for your kindness.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BKrenning
    Did I miss a thread or did the information on his rabies tag not pan out? My old dog likes to wander off some times and twice now, people in the neighborhood have picked her up, called the veterinary clinic printed on her rabies tag and read off the serial # or registration # to learn that I am the owner.
    Ditto

Blog Entries
    Ditto

I did post in the original post that I did call the place that issued the tag, they called all the vets they issue tags too. None of them had that # on file. But one dr has passed on and one moved so they do not have access to those records. So it is probably one of those 2.

Such a sad story. The poor doggie missing a family. But lucky he found you and is safe now.

Blog Entries
    Last year I got a call from Texas (I live in California) from an animal rescue group. They said that my daughter's dog, Sadie, had gotten out and been found by someone who turned her over to them. I was on her Microchip records as being second to call, the original home land phone had been disconnected. So I called the school my daughter worked at, the school secretary informed her, she got a sub and ran over to get Sadie.

After that, she put her new cell phone and address on the chip records, but did leave me on it as secondary.

That is what might have happened to your poor little sad fellow. Or, like you said, it may have just been in records packed away.

I'm wondering why the city or county doesn't keep these records, seems to me that should a dog bite someone, they can find the owner very fast around here by the tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    Last year I got a call from Texas (I live in California) from an animal rescue group. They said that my daughter's dog, Sadie, had gotten out and been found by someone who turned her over to them. I was on her Microchip records as being second to call, the original home land phone had been disconnected. So I called the school my daughter worked at, the school secretary informed her, she got a sub and ran over to get Sadie.

After that, she put her new cell phone and address on the chip records, but did leave me on it as secondary.

They do keep records but only for a year back and his tag is from 2009. They are small and can't keep too many years is what they told me. But they did make the calls to the vets which was nice of them.
    That is what might have happened to your poor little sad fellow. Or, like you said, it may have just been in records packed away.

I'm wondering why the city or county doesn't keep these records, seems to me that should a dog bite someone, they can find the owner very fast around here by the tags.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I'm watching this story and think you are wonderful to give him such a good home, whether temporary or not.
    HUGS, Sue

If I'm remembering right, in the other thread you said you thought he wasn't feeling well (or was hurt). How does he seem now?

Blog Entries
    puppies are so cute. It is so nice of you to take him in, thank you

Blog Entries
    Looks like a sweetheart. Either way he has found a safe place to be. Kudos to you for giving him a safe haven. Thank you for sharing.

I know I'm a biatch when it comes to pups/dogs. I've had 2 well taken care of stray pups come into my life. The schnauzer was 6 mos old. Like you, if it was my dog, I would have torn this town apart looking for him. I refused to put an ad in the paper although I did watch it. Nothing. I kept him.

Last September, my DH found a 5lb chihuahua behind a 6' chain link fence when he pulled into work. Claws were awful and she wasn't spayed (in fact, pregnant-lost the pup). She seemed to have been carried everywhere. The only step I took with this one was to see if she was chipped-nope. After 2 wks I quit looking at the paper. She's got a good life now.

Bottom line, if you love and loose your dog, you'd better put an ad in the paper if I find her!

Quote Originally Posted by genafan201
    If I'm remembering right, in the other thread you said you thought he wasn't feeling well (or was hurt). How does he seem now?
    Yes I did think he was hurting cause he was crying but after the first night he has not cried anymore and moves around very well. He loves to be brushed and gives kisses when you are brushing him. :-D He is eating well and he KNOWS what table food smells like cause every time we eat he comes up to us and just stares at us. But we are standing strong and not giving him any. :thumbup:

I'm so glad he found you. If his owner is never found he will have a wonderful life with you.

God Bless You for taking him in - he's one lucky dog!!

Quote Originally Posted by cizzors
    I know I'm a biatch when it comes to pups/dogs. I've had 2 well taken care of stray pups come into my life. The schnauzer was 6 mos old. Like you, if it was my dog, I would have torn this town apart looking for him. I refused to put an ad in the paper although I did watch it. Nothing. I kept him.

Last September, my DH found a 5lb chihuahua behind a 6' chain link fence when he pulled into work. Claws were awful and she wasn't spayed (in fact, pregnant-lost the pup). She seemed to have been carried everywhere. The only step I took with this one was to see if she was chipped-nope. After 2 wks I quit looking at the paper. She's got a good life now.

Bottom line, if you love and loose your dog, you'd better put an ad in the paper if I find her!
    I know what you mean. I have had 4 strays come to my house over the years. The first was about a 2 month old puppy that my aunt took and had him for 15 years. The second one was a 3-4 yr old rat terrier male that was very very sick and literally on deaths door. We nursed him back to health and had him for 6 years. The 3rd is my avatar. She just wondered up to my house and after about 2-3 days just stayed.....she is my heart and my protector. I love her dearly. Not that I did not love my other one but sometimes there is just that one special one and that is her. Best guess was that she was about 2-2 yrs old when she came to us and we have had her for 11 years now.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for taking him in to your home. And I hope he brings you joy. He looks like he's right at home. Best of luck with your search for his owner.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast