UPDATE on 'my new baby'

Old 03-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by TnBecky View Post
So sorry that "Twinkle" didn't work out. Just glad that she was adopted & now so nice to know that "Oreo" has a new home. She is so pretty, but I think they all are. We are the proud Fur-Parents of seven. Six inside & one outside that claimed us. LOL. I hope that all of your furbabies are one big happy/purring family.
Yes, they sure are funny! My brew are more fun to watch than TV sometimes LOL. Oreo is already bonded with me and follows me around. She's sleeping with Eiley (GDG) right now :-)

My sister has 5, her daughter has 2 and they are fostering 1 more. My son has 3, so guess you could say 15 cats were adopted in my family
Old 03-11-2013, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
Yes, they sure are funny! My brew are more fun to watch than TV sometimes LOL. Oreo is already bonded with me and follows me around. She's sleeping with Eiley (GDG) right now :-)

My sister has 5, her daughter has 2 and they are fostering 1 more. My son has 3, so guess you could say 15 cats were adopted in my family
So glad to hear that your entire family has saved so many lives. I think you need to have a "Cat" portrait done of the entire cat family. LOL. Like mine they would never be still for very long. Oreo knows a good thing when she sees it. God bless you all.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:11 PM

So cute-she looks like our Emma-and her other older cat is named Maggie-our Maggie gives Emma a bath, and cleans her up-love both
Old 03-11-2013, 08:38 PM

I just love that black nose. She looks like a real sweetheart. Wish I could have a animal, but can't where I live.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:53 AM
Power Poster

Really cute!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

She's become a real "grandma's girl" alright!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:10 PM

She sure is a keeper
Old 03-15-2013, 09:21 PM

we have a 20 yr old black manx cat and a 4 yr old red tiger. both are very sweet. tiger seems to favor dh and simon seems to want fur time 24/7 with me. i have set up beds for him in the 3 areas of the house i usually work. he will ask where i'm going so he can settle in with me. today we stayed in bed, dh is not feeling well, so simon slept on my right arm as i tried to write on the computer.he is rarely helpful, lol. i sometimes think i get things done in spite of him. he is an amazing talker and that's how he got his name, simon says. he will carry on quite long conversations as long as you are willing to talk to him, but he does get annoyed if you haven't done what he was telling you to do. i have had many colors and breeds of cats and the only one that didn't suit the family was a female calico. everyone was afraid of her, except me. she sharpened her claws on the dog and hissed at the kids if they tried to sit near her. she never actually hurt anyone but they were all convinced that this 5 lb. ball of fur could slice and dice them in their sleep. she lived to be about 15. i've never met a calico that was more than a one person cat. to everyone else they are mean. i'm sure there are exceptions , but i haven't met one. tuxedo cats tend to be very friendly and sweet, and are great family cats since they love everyone! enjoy your new little one!!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:04 AM

Oh she is a cutie and reminds me of my Mickey. Enjoy her . Most likely she will grow up to be a quilt inspector.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:56 AM

Miss having a cat, had to put ours to sleep as she was very, very old. Unfortunately, a cat box and small dogs do NOT mix, so will stick with the dogs. That's plenty anyway, as our yorkie is 14 and very elderly (going blind very quickly and can't hear very much), and our Coton is a nearly 4 year old puppy...my, that dog LOVES to play!