Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE on 'my new baby'

UPDATE on 'my new baby'

Wed we got a new kitten but unfortunately she turned out to be really timid and not a right match for us. PLUS I was very allergic to her so..............

We exchanged her and here is our new baby and she's a keeper! This is my DGD cat, she chose her and named her Oreo and she's 4 mos old.

See the white hairs on her back, so cute!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Sure looks like a keeper! Why are you allergic to one cat and not all? I have found my allergies have diminished, but no enough to allow my husband to get a cat which he'd very much like. That dark spot at the nose is priceless.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    so very cute!!! i have three cats and am supposed to be allergic to them. so far, so good.

She is cute. Sorry the other one did not work out. Hope she finds her forever home soon.

After my first Dachshund died, I got a Basset Hound. I had him five weeks. Had to go back. Allergic to Bassets. Huh?? Well I got another Dachshund, and he was with me nearly 16 years. Funny how that goes.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Power Poster
    Regular short air cats don't bother my allergies but Persian cats do. I don't know why but with so many cats needing loving homes, I am glad one found a new owner. Oreo looks like a sweetie!

The other one was already adopted out yesterday and I'm alergic to long haired cats apparently. Oreo is a gem, she's purrrfect for our family!!

Blog Entries
    it's the difference in the dandruff in in the fur
    I'm only allergic to some not all
    very cute fur baby
    Last edited by Bueniebabe; 03-10-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    I'm not particularly fond of cats... hopeless dog lover here... but Oreo is a cutie!!!! I do want them all to have a loving home... just not around me!??
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

she is a cutie. We have a tuxedo and she is a big talker.

Quote Originally Posted by solstice3 View Post
    she is a cutie. We have a tuxedo and she is a big talker.
    Do you think she is a tuxedo? her belly is white. She coos but is very quiet.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    aww what a precious furbaby !!! Congratulations !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

She is a cutie....great name for her.
    Live life as an exclamation and not an explanation.

Blog Entries
    Your Oreo is a sweetheart! I love black or black/white cats. :-) May you have manyhappyt times with Oreo.

When I tested for allergies about 10 years ago, I was allergic to cats. The docs told me to get rid of them. NO WAY! They'd been with us 10 years and we were all family. So, move ahead 10 more years to a new state and new allergies, but guess what? I am no longer allergic to cats!! Kind of funny weird. Oh, yes, the cats died. One was 19 and the other made 20. They gave us a lot of enjoyment.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

In
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Regular short air cats don't bother my allergies but Persian cats do. I don't know why but with so many cats needing loving homes, I am glad one found a new owner. Oreo looks like a sweetie!
    I am more allergic to Siamese than any other cat....and everyone tells me they are the most hypoallergenic...go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
    She is cute. Sorry the other one did not work out. Hope she finds her forever home soon.

After my first Dachshund died, I got a Basset Hound. I had him five weeks. Had to go back. Allergic to Bassets. Huh?? Well I got another Dachshund, and he was with me nearly 16 years. Funny how that goes.
    Dachshunds don't have the usual doggy odor, the Basset Hound is very stinky. I'm allergic to any breed of cat, would love to have one, but they cause severe asthma problems.
    Sharon

Oreo sure is a cutie! Lucky cat.
    Confirmed fabric-holic seeking 12 step treatment program or a storage building.

I have a Tuxedo cat also. She is really sweet and harasses my 2 old english sheepdogs, meowing until one gets up and chases her around the yard and up a tree. She loves playing that game with them. LOL

Oreo certainly looks like a tuxedo. I have two tuxedos of my 6 kitties. Love them all even though dh is allergic. He takes meds daily so l can keep my furbabies!

Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    Your Oreo is a sweetheart! I love black or black/white cats. :-) May you have manyhappyt times with Oreo.

When I tested for allergies about 10 years ago, I was allergic to cats. The docs told me to get rid of them. NO WAY! They'd been with us 10 years and we were all family. So, move ahead 10 more years to a new state and new allergies, but guess what? I am no longer allergic to cats!! Kind of funny weird. Oh, yes, the cats died. One was 19 and the other made 20. They gave us a lot of enjoyment.
    WOW!! My last 3 died at ages 15, 17 & 19. I take singulair for my allergies.

So sorry that "Twinkle" didn't work out. Just glad that she was adopted & now so nice to know that "Oreo" has a new home. She is so pretty, but I think they all are. We are the proud Fur-Parents of seven. Six inside & one outside that claimed us. LOL. I hope that all of your furbabies are one big happy/purring family.

Quote Originally Posted by TnBecky View Post
    So sorry that "Twinkle" didn't work out. Just glad that she was adopted & now so nice to know that "Oreo" has a new home. She is so pretty, but I think they all are. We are the proud Fur-Parents of seven. Six inside & one outside that claimed us. LOL. I hope that all of your furbabies are one big happy/purring family.
    Yes, they sure are funny! My brew are more fun to watch than TV sometimes LOL. Oreo is already bonded with me and follows me around. She's sleeping with Eiley (GDG) right now :-)

My sister has 5, her daughter has 2 and they are fostering 1 more. My son has 3, so guess you could say 15 cats were adopted in my family

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
    Yes, they sure are funny! My brew are more fun to watch than TV sometimes LOL. Oreo is already bonded with me and follows me around. She's sleeping with Eiley (GDG) right now :-)

My sister has 5, her daughter has 2 and they are fostering 1 more. My son has 3, so guess you could say 15 cats were adopted in my family
    So glad to hear that your entire family has saved so many lives. I think you need to have a "Cat" portrait done of the entire cat family. LOL. Like mine they would never be still for very long. Oreo knows a good thing when she sees it. God bless you all.

Blog Entries
    So cute-she looks like our Emma-and her other older cat is named Maggie-our Maggie gives Emma a bath, and cleans her up-love both

I just love that black nose. She looks like a real sweetheart. Wish I could have a animal, but can't where I live.

Really cute!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast