Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
update from my post back in November >

update from my post back in November

update from my post back in November

Old 03-16-2011, 12:08 PM

quote=fabrichore]The other day I was talking to my other half about my sewing room, blahblahblah, anyway he said "I don't think you are a quilter, I think you just like to collect fabric", and I had to stop and think about it, recently I have been having a hard time getting into the sewing room ( a new sewing room mind you) and sitting there and completeing anything, I have many ideas and thoughts but nothing ever materilizes...I make a mistake and I have to pull it all out and do again and I find myself losing interest really quickly, I do like to sew and make pretty things, I am new to quilting and have made two quilts and some pillows but I do not know what my problem is, I have been struggling with my son lately but I am not going to blame him for my Inadequacies, I work all day and it takes an hour to get home, so by the time I get home I do not want to do anything,,,my mom would call it lazy and maybe I am...I am trying very hard not to convince myself I am not capable of doing this whole sewing thing, I love fabric, I love color, and I really do like to sew and create, so what in the world is wrong with me.... :cry:[/quote]

above is what i posted back in November, below is my recent thoughts

Hello all, I know it has been some time since I wrote this on the board, I just read again all of your replys and I am so happy to be part of this wonderful of quilters, I wanted to give you all an update, I did eventually get back in to the sewing room and I took it slow, I did little here and there, so I have made a pillow for my daughter I posted on valentines day, I made a baby quilt (Dr. Suess cat in the hat theme) it came out pretty cool, free handed I did not have a pattern, and a baby pillow, I am currently working on a baby shower gift for my daughters freind. Life is still difficult but it makes me happy when I am able to go into my room and create, I am learning the applique method and I am loving it, so many things you can do with applique, and I am also learning to embroider, I have learned the ladder stitch and used that method on my daughters pillow.
well I think I have been long winded enough, again thank you all for your encouraging words and thoughts, you are all the bomb in my book....LOL
happy sewing my freinds
Love Kelley♥
Old 03-16-2011, 12:16 PM

Glad you made it back to creating, Kelley. It took me a hiatus of a couple of years to start back enjoying my quilting again. I was still doing some sewing but mostly it was a chore and I had several UFO's just sitting there. Now I am feeling inspired everyday and wish I had more time to get everything done I want to do!
Here's to getting back in the saddle :D
Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

You have done well. I always say "When the time is right." This is a wonderful board. Everybody is so helpful.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Google Goddess

Congratulations, and have fun sewing and quilting
Old 03-16-2011, 12:37 PM

:thumbup: :D :thumbup: Glad you are getting back in the groove!!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:14 PM

Congratulations, sound like you are moving in the right direction. Go slow and steady. :thumbup:
Old 03-16-2011, 03:04 PM

Glad you are getting back into the "creating" mood!